PDA

View Full Version : Blackwizard, Parkilto (2D)

parkilto
07-22-2003, 05:26 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/46497/blackwizard_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/46497/blackwizard.jpg)

http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/46497/blackwizard.jpg

Photoshop7 / Painter 8

Lordrych
07-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Omg, that is absolutly gorgeous,:buttrock: I love it the detail in that is amazing. I would have to say the only thing i don't like is the eye though, somehow it doesn't fit into the whole picture.

Rych

parkilto
07-22-2003, 06:17 PM
Thanks your advice. I agree with your opinion about eyes....^^;;;

FloydBishop
07-22-2003, 06:22 PM
Very nice!!

The technique you used on the energy ball and the background is particularly impressive.

parkilto
07-22-2003, 06:38 PM
thanks Floyd Bishop ^^ I used Dodge tool of Photoshop in the energy ball and the Wall. Have a nice day~~~^^

santosLord
07-22-2003, 06:44 PM
TALENTED.... thats all I have to say bout that. Have anymore .... ?

TheGreenGiant
07-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Ouch. That is NICE.

.. Initially I was thinking that the eye comment was redundant and then looking at the FANTASTIC pic, I thought, "yeah, its not quite right" - it implies somewhat that the wizard is a mech/mecha.

:love: :love:

Titan
07-22-2003, 07:12 PM
AWESOME WORK!!!
very imposing figure...beautiful painting style!! I'm jealous , yet very inspired...
you rock man..great website too!!

Dancing Monkey
07-22-2003, 07:22 PM
That is some insane stuff. Do you have more stuff like this?

phoenix
07-22-2003, 07:37 PM
i love the metal thing on his neck.....very nice.........and i simply love the hands and flare........can u plz shed some light on how u made or something like that.,.....

regards:thumbsup:

cgg
07-22-2003, 07:40 PM
that is one great pic art m8 , love the concept, love the light.
very impressive paintin ability :applause:

Goatfuzz
07-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Wow! Very nice artwork parkilto! :beer:

Shaf33k
07-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Its a very good render, nice painterly look to it. The only thing that seems off is the distance between the shoulder and elbow, its to long given that shoulders do not slouch and the neck isnt that long. Also the angle of the elbows are pointing down or straight adding to the illusion that the biceps are too long. But thats just me being over analytical.
Keep up the great work :)
Ciao!
Shafeek.

ansiaaa
07-22-2003, 08:01 PM
very impressive!

but i have 2 critiques:

- the right arm is longer than the left one (green)
- arent his arms too long for his body? and too distant from his chest? (red)
[look at the attached pic]

specs44
07-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by ansiaaa
very impressive!

but i have 2 critiques:

- the right arm is longer than the left one (green)
- arent his arms too long for his body? and too distant from his chest? (red)
[look at the attached pic]

I dont know with that cloak and huge shoulder pads he pretty much could get away with a lot of porportional issues. I tdoesnt seem to bother me at all. very good work i love the whole gittiness of it.

Tricksy
07-22-2003, 08:35 PM
Really nice work! ;)

chach
07-22-2003, 09:09 PM
sweet painting!
bask in the darkness.

MajinPunisher
07-22-2003, 09:55 PM
This is great. Your digital painting techniques in terms of texturing and light sources are really something to be spoken of.

I am not sure that I agree with the anatomy of your character.

As it looks like it should be that of a normal human, something is wrong with the shoulders/head/arms. The arms are too big/long or something. And perhaps the head is too low and too small. At any rate, the proportions aren't working well.

Just a thought anyway, I didn't exactly check to see if that was said already.

shaangfx
07-22-2003, 09:59 PM
well its a good colouring and artwork. but even i think something wrong with drawing of head and the shoulder proportions. may be the shoulder is too big or too high..dont know exactly cause of the costume he is wearing. ! ;)

tinitus
07-22-2003, 10:12 PM
wow!

Noxerus
07-23-2003, 12:46 AM
Wow, amazing! :applause:

Really reminds me of White-Wolf's art, just in color!

souleage
07-23-2003, 12:58 AM
Many long time not to see like this perfect work, the color;light style;the contrastes;all perfect .!!!!

jadedchron
07-23-2003, 01:38 AM
i'm hosting the pic on my site as it takes a while for it to load.. atleast for me. maybe a mod can edit his/her post and change the link

http://www.thenewfoodlabel.com/cgtalk.jpg

as far as what i think of it.. it has alot of detail. the green/blue eye is good but maybe a lil too high in contrast. awesome picture tho

leigh
07-23-2003, 02:41 AM
Apart from the relatively minor anatomical anomalies that have already been pointed out, I think this is a great piece.

I personally like the glowing eye, it gives him more of a magickal element :)

That velvety look on the top of his hood is really awesome - you have a great talent with that brush :D

Excellent work overall :applause:

If I had to nitpick and say there was something else that bugged me slightly though, I'd have to say that I think the glowing orb looks a bit flat compared to the rest of the image. I know it's hard to create surface shading to enhance form on something that is self illuminated though, so it doesn't really bug me too much :)

JoyMason
07-23-2003, 02:43 AM
I personally adore the robe trim, very beautiful. I also agree with the issue with the orb, but that is a difficult thing to do.

Grooveholmes
07-23-2003, 03:22 AM
http://www.kabal.net/images/Leon.gif

braincell
07-23-2003, 03:32 AM
wow! wonderful artwork~``
:beer:

BeCOOL_MiN
07-23-2003, 03:44 AM
Nice Work...

Feels like the game " Diablo " poster...

:eek:

dg3d
07-23-2003, 04:19 AM
Beside the shoulder to elbow length looking long for the character, the rest of the composite is incredible. The feel you gave with the lighting, the mood with the colors and the only glowing eye looking at you. A job nicely done. I like the background and the detail put into this picture. Congratulation for the frontpage.

parkilto
07-23-2003, 05:44 AM
Hi~ all~
I have seen your advice, encouragement and reproof.
It's mostly indicate bed anatomy. I also agree.
I thought better whole shape and atmosphere than correct anatomic constrution.
but, thanks your advice... and i'll give a deep thought.

P.S I'm sorry my poor english

OZ
07-23-2003, 08:09 AM
No crits.....i like everything!:buttrock:

Werner
07-23-2003, 08:26 AM
WOW! :eek:

Absolutely brilliant! This is one of the best artwork peaces I've seen here.

well done. :thumbsup:

Aelius
07-23-2003, 10:11 AM
:eek:My first reaction was one of awe...

But then, I've got to agree with some of the comments made so far. The first thing that jumped out at me was that the arms looked too long. I hadn't noticed the eye until someone mentioned it - it doesn't look out of place, it just looks too 'photoshoppy' compared to the rest of the 'paint-like' picture.

These tiny niggles aside, I think it's fantastic. I especially love the background. :thumbsup:

erikals
07-23-2003, 10:51 AM
I thought it was 3D at first :D

Cool:)

worlok
07-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Awsome. Excelent work. I love the collar, I also like the mood, dark and cyber. Love his facial expression. Very dark, this would work well as a Diablo promo. Kind of like D+D meets high tech. Super work. Dark in nature. I can't say enough about the mood. Do you use a Wacom tablet as well?

starqueen
07-25-2003, 01:43 AM
OWNAGE :beer:

haha... I don't see any proportional issues, I think the cloak masks it all if there is any; I don't see any reason to look hard for errors on this, its 99.9% perfect in my light. :eek: I'ts most beautiful

Illusions
07-25-2003, 02:09 AM
I think the whole problem with the blue glowy eye thing is just simple art basics. You have a highly concentrated bright blue dot, in the center of a very undetailed black eyesocket. Now couple it with the fact that most of the painting is either black, red, or orange, and you've got yourself a focal point in a very dead and uninteresting area...a blank eyesocket...when much of the paintings detail is elsewhere in the robework, and glowing orange orb...otherwise, amazing piece...

specs44
07-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Illusions
I think the whole problem with the blue glowy eye thing is just simple art basics. You have a highly concentrated bright blue dot, in the center of a very undetailed black eyesocket. Now couple it with the fact that most of the painting is either black, red, or orange, and you've got yourself a focal point in a very dead and uninteresting area...a blank eyesocket...when much of the paintings detail is elsewhere in the robework, and glowing orange orb...otherwise, amazing piece...

it make sense to me

lildragon
07-26-2003, 12:28 PM
He may not be perfect anatomy wise, but then again he has a glowing eye and is currently conjuring a wicked ball of fire, so I say it's ok with me :). Dark and sinister, gotta love it.

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Great work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_july03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

Morphecy
07-26-2003, 12:57 PM
whoa :applause:

Grooveholmes
07-27-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by lildragon
He may not be perfect anatomy wise, but then again he has a glowing eye and is currently conjuring a wicked ball of fire, so I say it's ok with me :).

That's what makes good art?

R1OT
07-27-2003, 12:22 AM
great texture and mood!

lildragon
07-27-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Grooveholmes
That's what makes good art?

No, I just stated that because it maybe his intention or maybe not, due to the supernatural nature of the image and character in itself, it could very well be done purposely?. I've seen many odd characters such as this in my time. Many good points have been mentioned already, why repeat them? Wish I had more time to write some these days.

Actually parkilto come to think of it, since this being is shrouded in darkness and due to the intensity of the fireball, wouldn't the light reflect a bit in his neck and shoulder materials? that is if it's a reflective surface, which it appears to be.

Really dig the pic tho, lotsa nrg there. Do post more when you get the chance

-lild

nObedienz
07-27-2003, 03:25 AM
This image would've been near perfection, if you'd only the teal eye, just kept it simple like the other eye.

Anyway, great piece! :buttrock:

incognito
07-28-2003, 01:06 AM
impressive---- the brushstrokes on the face and background are right on!
those shadows are beautiful really create a strong sense of depth.

maybe the biceps are a bit too long-- but i do not see it as a problem-- i think it adds to the eerieness of the piece--- great work.

:buttrock:

Negat0ry.
07-28-2003, 05:00 AM
No critiques from me :( Im just here to say a good job! Also Has anyone seen the movie "The League of Extraodinery Gentlemen" ? Looks like he could be the evil character or a gentlemen in the 2nd movie they will probly make

Intonater
07-29-2003, 06:27 AM
I like it!!!:thumbsup:

mehdianim
07-29-2003, 12:17 PM
wonderful work.
You've probably read milliosn of similar comments but this piece is heavy good!!
:bowdown:

Rubberduckie
08-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Kewl! I Dig the glowy eye man! But blue is mmm....mayb an orange? y'noe...glowy burning eye...Still, its damn impressive!:scream:

friendlymike
08-13-2003, 11:06 AM
nice fireball technique... amasing:thumbsup:

RaresH
08-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Apart from the eye seeming a little too bionical and a couple propotianal issues it is a magnificantly rendered piece. Keep up the good work and post the reworked piece if you decide to work on it some more.

WHH
08-31-2004, 02:13 AM
l like your style

Titan
08-31-2004, 02:40 AM
Great piece...how did this thread get brought up again..its over a year old...

Aquamarine
03-19-2005, 10:15 PM
most impressive...i very much loved the visual, though the eyes is a bit too modern and the steel-like shoulder pads thing, doesn't (in my opinions) exactly belong. but, i still love it. very good work!:)

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2005, 10:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.