PDA

View Full Version : How do you create effective lighting in renders?

dreadfear
06-08-2009, 06:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqa8ebqERHA

Does anyone have a base scene with that kind of lighting they could share?

Or any tutorials?

I like to render out my animations, but i cant do it in mental ray as it doesnt allow it (does anyone know how to render animations in mental ray?). So i cant use the default physical sun and sky to create descent lighting, and i have to use the maya software renderer. However i can never get nice lighting or rendering quality out of it.

Can someone share with me as to how to produce those kind of shaders and/or lighting effects?

Thanks in advance

djx
06-08-2009, 11:51 AM
If you can render with sw, then in most cases rendering with mr simply means switching to mentalray and hitting render. What error do you get when you try?

-- David

blazelet
06-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey djx :)

That scene looks like it could just be an occlusion pass. That's pretty easy to do in MR ... look it up in the documentation or there are a bunch of tutorials on line I'd bet.

sergioduque
06-10-2009, 06:19 AM
yep i was thinking just the same, that could be done with an occlusion pass and some post work.

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2009, 06:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.