PDA

View Full Version : Illuminatelabs Maya renderer "TURTLE"

spm
07-22-2003, 05:10 PM
i dont know if this is new but it sure was to me. a new renderer for maya coming up?

http://www.illuminatelabs.com/

EDIT: i didnt find anything connected to this when i made a search on the forum so i thought, why not post it?

roger
07-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Pretty soon Maya will have as many rendering options at 3dsmax!! :surprised

spm
07-22-2003, 05:32 PM
...and anything that can make the rendering faster than it is today is more than welcome. especially if it meets up to the qualities.

tjnyc
07-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Hopefully, Brazil and Vray will have more news about their Maya flavors soon.

Dargon
07-22-2003, 06:14 PM
Soon there won't be any reasons left to use Max!

ChrisNeuhahn
07-23-2003, 12:53 AM
The gallery is really weak. It looks like first time cg'er junk.

Thanks for the tip though mack

gustojunk
07-23-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Chris Neuhahn

I agree, especially for a dedicated rendering plugin. Based of what I've seen it would have to be super fast in orther to be worth it, I mean like 10x faster than Vray at least.

I really look forward to see plugs of Vray and Brazil for other platforms that Max. A maya version would be nice, but a Rhino or Lightwave version would be even better.

Array
07-23-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by roger
Pretty soon Maya will have as many rendering options at 3dsmax!! :surprised

hehe, who cares? it allready has the two best renderers out there :beer:

seriously though, it's nice to see more options.....but who is going to spend money on it if mentalray is right there?

markdc
07-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Turtle? That has to be the worst name for renderer. What comes to mind when you think of a turtle?

Array
07-23-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by brian_dlm
Turtle? That has to be the worst name for renderer. What comes to mind when you think of a turtle?

a shelled reptile traversing a BSP-tree, trying to find the nearest photon hit to a pixel. :buttrock:

playmesumch00ns
07-23-2003, 10:14 AM
The gallery is a bit weak, but then they're not trying to sell themselves as freelance artists are they? After all, this thing hasn't even been released yet, it's quite hard to find time to make pretty pictures when you're concentrating on coding.

I'll be interested to see how fast this thing really is, and whether the quality stands up in animation.

Perhaps any interested parties who are going to be at Siggraph could take a peek at thier booth and let us all know what they think?

eliseu gouveia
07-23-2003, 02:57 PM
I think the name alone deserves this renderer a prize in terms of originality, itīs just.... BRILLIANT!:beer

Cīmon, letīs be honest, how many of you think "Engage maximum Warp Speed!" whenever you think "- Itīs rendering time!" : :cool:

leuey
07-24-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Chris Neuhahn

Not that it really matters but the Entropy gallery kinda sucked too (used to at least). For that matter the one on Mental Images website isn't so great either.

-Greg

Array
07-24-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by leuey
Not that it really matters but the Entropy gallery kinda sucked too (used to at least). For that matter the one on Mental Images website isn't so great either.

-Greg

Did you see the latest update to the mentalimages.com gallery? holy cow!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.