PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for SMC 09

paulcapon
06-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi folks,

Lets start getting some ideas out there so that we can get started on this week's challenge. I was reading through some old posts and a Spaceship sounds like fun...but if you've got some ideas, write em down and we'll vote. Good work on the last challenge everyone.

-JohNny45

OmarO
06-08-2009, 10:24 PM
An Orrery could be a real challange to modell within what time limit?
Yes, I think an orrery would be fun.

paulcapon
06-09-2009, 02:56 AM
I didn't know what an orrery was at first...had to look it up. That would be interesting to model, but I think the aim is to have a fairly broad topic leaving it open to interpretation by the individual artist.

-JohNny45

hypnocookie
06-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I had no idea what one is either, so to avoid any further confusion here is the description found on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orrery)

"An orrery is a mechanical device that illustrates the relative positions and motions of the planets and moons in the solar system in a heliocentric model"

I quite like the idea in that it could also be about the environment you place the orrery in, complex (or futuristic) workings of the mechanics, possibly even a different solar system and highly detailed planets.

paulcapon
06-09-2009, 02:20 PM
ok, consider me outvoted :) an Orrery it is! I'll post the thread.

-JohNny45

Digitool
06-10-2009, 03:15 AM
man, am I losing track of time!!!

I'm currently working without days off and totally didn't realize it was already time for the next challenge.. I had half of my model for the previous challenge done, but wasn't happy with it so I'll just ignore it and work on the orrery. I've got a half day tomorrow so I'm really shooting for a finished product in this challenge. Man it's been a while for me!

LOL,
THis one sounds like fun. I think I'll get it started tonight and hopefully have time to finish it up.

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2009, 03:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.