PDA

View Full Version : How can I do That?

andre_alder
07-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Hi all,

I've ssem a musical clip where a girl was walking through a lot of people, but these people were in fast movement.
How can I do this using Combustion?

Thanx
AD

Chris
07-23-2003, 03:25 AM
you could get her to walk really slow, & then speed up the clip, or shoot her on bluescreen & composite her onto a shot with some sped up people. Which one you use will depend on the details of the shot (whether people pass in front of her for example, if this is true, & you want to use chromakeying, you could shoot several layers of people on bluescreen backgrounds, then key them, speed them up & comp them on top of your slow character) :)

dg
07-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Just don't forget to use a good retimer like RealVIZ Retimer or Twixtor and good doses of motion blur to give a dramatic effect :)

Cheers! :thumbsup:

andre_alder
07-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Hi guys,

Do you know that effect where people and cars are so fast, so fast, they look rays of light........

How can I do this effect? My client ask me, but I cant do that.... : (

regards
AD

Abominable
07-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Longer exposure times when you shoot your original footage.

Say you have your SLR camera and take a shot of traffic in the night on your main street.....(generic example becuase the ASA of your film will come into play as well now)....shoot at 1/500 of a second and you will 'freeze' the action in place, when you shoot at a slower speed, say 1/30 or even a few seconds, your shutter is open longer and therefore your cars will print to film as those trails you're thinking off.

Hope this quick example helped you understand the basics of this effect in camera.

(From a google search) Heres a long exposure example:

http://members.shaw.ca/transfers/cgtalkjunk/traffic.jpg

andre_alder
07-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Hi Abominable,

Fantastic!!!!!! :applause:

But, is there a way to do this (or something like this) using Combustion?

best regards,

AD

Chris
07-29-2003, 12:29 AM
not easy, theres an after effect plugin that does it (something trails somethingarather) I dont know whether it works or not though - I've acheived it by adding another duplicate layer on top, screen mode, with motion blur. then you copy that layer a few times & offset the time on the duplicates by a few frames each - its a bit of a mission though

andre_alder
07-30-2003, 01:26 PM
Hey Chris,

Thanx guy.....But you talked about a After Effect plugin, do you know what plugin would be?

regards

Hugh
08-02-2003, 12:56 AM
The trouble with doing it digitally is that you have a discrete set of frames, whereas if you do it in-camera, you have a continuous picture (certainly with a film camera) during the time that the shutter is open.

I'm sure with a long enough sequence of, say, cars on a road, you could overlay all of the pictures, and then edit in Photoshop to make the trails continuous...

Alanbell
08-08-2003, 08:51 AM
you could use an app like Mokey and then paint the streaks in using combustion.

I think that would work pretty well actually.

Regards
Alan Bell

andre_alder
08-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Hi friend,

Mokey????

Could you explain me better, please?

Thanx

AD

Alanbell
08-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Mokey is an app that will generate a clean background plate by tracking and removing the cars. You can then use this clean plate to paint your streaks on. Also you may want to add the cars or a few of them back into the shot with lots of motion blur and the opacity setting pretty low. This might add some weight to the streaks.

You can find Mokey here but it aint cheap:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/mokey/

good luck

Alan Bell

dg
08-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Hi

I think Mokey has a rental license system avaliable now, if I'm not mistaken. It's been a while that I do not check their web site.

See ya! 8)

dax3d
08-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Hi,

Mokey has a personal learning edition for free (non-commercial use). Don't know if your project is commercial or not.

Nice program too.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.