PDA

View Full Version : max and syntheyes...

bujin9
06-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi all,
I had taken a syntheyes 101 course at fxphd and I have max. Since then, I recently went out and got Syntheyes (basically cause it's cheap enough to take a chance on). Here's my problem....
I've imported my script into max and all seems ok ...but...
just to test out, I put in a simple ball on a plane on a desk. My shadings correct, no problem there.....but as the camera moves around the scenery, the ball and plane move off the desk. What am I doing wrong so I can make it not move from it's location. I know the items themselves aren't moving (non keyed items) but they're moving as a result of the cameras moves. Do I need to link them to a track or something?
thanks,
Joe
btw, I'm using the most recent version of syntheyes and max9 on a 32bit xp.

hypnocookie
06-08-2009, 02:04 PM
I have never actually used Syntheyes before but have heard good things about it.

What sort of movements s the camera making? (simple pan/tilt or jumpy cloverfield style movements). From what you describe I can think of two things that could be your problem.

Either your camera solution is incorrect, if this were the case the image would 'wobble' so you need to go back in to Syntheyes and check the track.

Or

Your plane and ball is not the correct distance from the camera. If this were the case the objects would move in the correct direction but at the wrong speed (too fast if it were too close to the camera or too slow if too far).

Do you have rough measurements of your scene?

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2009, 02:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.