PDA

View Full Version : rendering in passes

scarface1
06-06-2009, 09:53 PM
rendering in passes and layers and compositing is an standard way of making shots faster more art directed and sometimes possible. but i think there are tecniques and tricks to make the process of creating passes easier.i mean someone prefere to make a file out of the original one for each pass or try to get as much as they can in one pass.irealy appreciate you sharing your experiences and answering muy questions:

how do you make the process of seperating passes for each shot(ie putting objects in layers and asigning different shaders) less time consuming ?do you use a toolset?

is it possible to make this automated?or should i set this up in main files before referencing them?is it beter to setup layers in different files or all in one?

and how do you avoid darkening or over saturated colers caused by multing and mixing passes in comp?

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2009, 09:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.