PDA

View Full Version : hotkey reassignment

Tranimatronic
06-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi all
Our camera match guys have a couple of specific shelves and hotkeys reassigned, which im loading from the server if an optionVar is true on new scene loading. If its false and the shelves exist then it deletes them, allowing the camera match people to operate/teach on someone elses machine, and the machine to go back to its original state when theyve gone.

Only problem is that the hotkeys are still reassigned when everything else is deleted.

Is there any way of A/resetting these to default or B/dynamically writing out a oldHotkeys.mel with all of the old values when they are changed C/writing & saving the original values to the userHotkeys.mel that is changing the values, so when I re-run the script it wil restore the original values ?

Anyone any ideas ?
Thanks ;)

Tranimatronic
06-05-2009, 05:03 PM
hotkey -factorySettings

wonder if you can specify just one key...
Im still wondering about B and C.... is there a way to dynamically have one script create another "undo" script ?

Thanks

Tranimatronic
06-05-2009, 08:26 PM
so you cant specify just one hotkey to return to its original - factorySettings returns all hotkeys to their original settings....

This is okay I suppose - but it means it will ruin any user assigned hotkeys that are already assigned. so im looking onto B and C right now....

If anyone has any suggestions id love to hear it ;)

Cheers
T

gashworm
06-06-2009, 04:21 AM
I put together a script a couple of months back to load a another set of hotkeys into maya without destroying the current set. I might try and dig that out later if I find the time ..

Set this before any hotkeys are reassigned so they are never saved into your prefs.

hotkey -autoSave 0 ;

then it should be a matter of

hotkey -factorySettings;

hotkey -sourceUserHotkeys;

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2009, 04:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.