PDA

View Full Version : How to build alpha on a projection-node

toby89
06-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi there,

in my company we have a problem that apears not the first time but i didn' t found anything about it in forums.
the problem, if i wont to build a projected shader in maya wich has a alpha-map conected to its transparency it dosn' t work. thats no problem if i do that with a normal shader but as projection it dosn't work.
is that a common problem to anybody? do danybody have a solution or a workaround-idea?
thanks for helping! =)

phix314
06-05-2009, 09:59 PM
What are the restrictions on your project? Why does it need to be projected? Perhaps there's another way.

achoury
06-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi there,

in my company we have a problem that apears not the first time but i didn' t found anything about it in forums.
the problem, if i wont to build a projected shader in maya wich has a alpha-map conected to its transparency it dosn' t work. thats no problem if i do that with a normal shader but as projection it dosn't work.
is that a common problem to anybody? do danybody have a solution or a workaround-idea?
thanks for helping! =)

Hi
add mib_color_Alpha node and connect both color and alpha.
just middle drag the file texture to the mib_color_alpha node to extract the alpha. Then plug the output from the node mib_color_alpha to the transparency (lambert or whatever shader you are using)
one more thing! Alpha is luminance must be checked in a file texture!
et voilą!
/rachid

toby89
08-03-2009, 10:14 AM
at achoury: thantk's for your good solution =)

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2009, 10:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.