PDA

View Full Version : Animating difficulty

zoom3d
06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm gonna choose xsi or 3ds max to learn on one way.
About modeling more or less all 3d apps are same
But for animating which one is better ?
I know that xsi has really good animating system but is it easy to use or else need to know scripting to use it fully.
If we compare the xsi with max about animating , which one is easy to learn and use ?

IslandDreamer
06-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Download the free Softimage Mod Tool and you can use it to spend as much time as you need learning the Softimage workflow.

eldee
06-04-2009, 11:57 PM
I've got experience with both, and my opinion is that XSI is a better animation package hands down. It's worth noting that a lot of this is due to the freedom you have with actually rigging your character.

Ohmanoggin
06-05-2009, 01:39 PM
XSI has the best tools out of the box for character work. The animation tools are very clean and very powerful. The entire product was written around the animation tools.

XSI is also very good at reusing animation data - so once you have a walk cycle etc. done it can be reused with other characters of different proportions, in different scales and different coordiante spaces.

Ohmanoggin

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2009, 01:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.