PDA

View Full Version : Weird zooming out effect with no apparent cause

Emperors Teeth
06-04-2009, 08:29 AM
***Typical, you post a question then find the damned 'frame object' button ('f') 5 minutes later. That said, although I know how to centre my object in my canvas again now, I still don't know why this problem occured in the first place. I thoughti it might be me zooming out, but the object no longer rotates around its centre any more either. It's like it just got thrown off into the world-space somewhere.***

Okay, so I'm fairly new at zBrush. I have detailed pre-made things I've brought into the program but I'm taking the plunge with zSpheres now.

Something weird keeps happening when I'm creating and moving around my spheres. I'll be moving things around in the viewport (and this seems to happen when I have alt depressed and move things around) and suddenly my model/spheres will zoom (or scale) right out into a tiny area in the upper left corner of the canvas. I can't seem to find any reference anywhere to centreing objects or why this would happen when just moving objects anywhere.

Could anyone explain what I did and why it happened so I don't do it again? Since I can't seem to centre the viewport on the object I more or less have to start again.

Voxel57
06-22-2009, 04:54 PM
It's a bug that will be fixed in 4. At least that's what I was told on the zbrushcentral forums. When it happens try double clicking the move button, that has worked for me.
But not all the time.

VoidedO
06-24-2009, 06:10 AM
Hopefully you've already figured out a work around for this, but in case you haven't. I've found that when working with z spheres this problem can be quickly fixed by previewing your adaptive skin ('a' key) and then framing the model again ('f' key). This seems to reset the rotation issue that I have and what I understand you to be explaining. I hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2009, 06:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.