PDA

View Full Version : News: Tremors TV Series

MirrorFlash
07-21-2003, 10:12 PM
The interview With Encore Hollywood on thier work on Tremors can be found Here. (http://www.cgfocus.com/NewsDetails.cfm?NewsID=947)

Signal2Noise
07-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Quality shows like Firefly and Buffy go off-air and drivel like this is being brought on? Pathetic!:hmm:

Hookflash
07-22-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
Quality shows like Firefly and Buffy go off-air and drivel like this is being brought on? Pathetic!:hmm:

Well, I'd say Buffy ran it's coarse quite nicely (as opposed to the ill-fated Firefly). At least they didn't drag it out painfully like the whole X-Files fiasco. As for Tremors: I haven't watched the TV show (the movie was decent, from what I recall), but maybe it's good. :shrug:

Dargon
07-22-2003, 02:06 AM
Buffy was crap in it's first season, as are a lot of shows. If it is good, it'll last a second season (probably), we might see some good stuff by then...

Hookflash
07-22-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Dargon
Buffy was crap in it's first season...

I beg to differ. It had a completely different focus in the first season, being more of a teen comedy. The writing was already very sharp & witty, and the character development was great. I view season 1 as the "Light-hearted intro" season. The series definately became more dark and dramatic in the following seasons, and I think this is the reason latecomers are so often dissappointed when they watch the season 1 DVDs for the first time.

EDIT: Imho;)

MirrorFlash
07-23-2003, 05:11 AM
just for record. The Tremors TV show had the highest ever viewer numbers the Sci-Fi network has ever had for a show in its time slot.

RichSuchy
07-23-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by MirrorFlash
just for record. The Tremors TV show had the highest ever viewer numbers the Sci-Fi network has ever had for a show in its time slot.

You can generally reach a bigger audience with comedy than you can with more dark anti-hero space fx vehicles. Not that I dont like the occasional fx driven space opera.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.