PDA

View Full Version : is misss physical work in maya 2009 ?

nikiatanasov
06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
hi there,
I haven`t messed up with the misss physical shader from a lot of time.
Now I need it for one new project and can't make it work in maya 2009. I have working scenes with misss physical that where made before a few years on previous version of maya (maybe 7.0, I dont remeber exactly) now when I try to render those scenes the result is like there is no caustics on the misss shader. Both renders with caustics turned ON and turned OFF looks the same. For additional test in the same scene I placed an object wich makes a reflection caustics and they are showing up, wich means that the light is casting caustics and the objects behave normal (recieve/transmit).
I also tryed to build a test scene from scratch, also downloaded the scenes cubesss.ma and grape.ma from the lamrug and they are rendering wrong too (with missing caustics and no sss effect).
I'm using maya2009 x64 SP1.
Please can somebody tell me what I'm missing ?

demoniorojo
06-02-2009, 08:47 PM
In extra atributes, try to change the mode to 0...the default is 4

nikiatanasov
06-02-2009, 09:12 PM
thank you very very mutch :thumbsup:

Stellios
06-07-2009, 01:30 AM
this just solved a problem of mine, but i have to ask.. what is that parameter? and why is the default 4, and why does setting it to 0 fix the issue?

demoniorojo
06-07-2009, 03:50 AM
this parameter is the light linking mode: 0, all lights contribute to sss, 4 only manual linkied lights contribute...,other modes, I supose that are inclusive or exclusive, but don't know :blush:

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2009, 03:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.