PDA

View Full Version : Head(WIP) some updates

JacquesD
01-14-2002, 02:13 PM
As you can see, I still need to work on textures but critiques on modeling are welcome.
http://users.skynet.be/fa009830/Male_Head_WIP_001.jpg

EvilDan
01-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Very nice!! The only critique I can come up with is that maybe it's a little too smooth. Define the forms a bit more. Otherwise it looks very good.

JacquesD
01-14-2002, 02:38 PM
Thanks.
You maybe right about the smoothness but I tried and the character looked older.
I'll try again anyway.:)

Joebount
01-14-2002, 03:20 PM
looks nice, add more details in the eyes' area. He looks a bit like Bruce Willis, dunno exactly where.

sigma
01-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Dam thats lookin good. Really nice work Ripper. Look forward to seeing the eyebrows, eyelashes. A few wrinkles around the eyes and mouth wouldnt hurt. Who did you use for a refrence?

JacquesD
01-14-2002, 03:33 PM
Thanks.
Good, actually eyelashes are modeled but I've just noticed that they're too short. :)

l_farley13_l
01-14-2002, 04:17 PM
Defintely a little more work in the brow section and the end of the nose (and nostrals for some reason I always look there) Nice job on the eyelids! Also you will probably want to get rid of the symetry as that is something peple might mistake for smoothness/perfection Is he supposed to be mid 20's or older ? If so a bunch of the wrinkles could just be bump maped (i'm sure you were already thinking that :))

3dflasher
01-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Damn that is a TIGHT model!!! I dig it. The ear lobe is a little puffy, maybe you should flatten it a little and there are some visible polys on the top rim of the ear maybe smooth that out some more.

Im gonna tell you this one more time....your subway scene is one of the coolest scenes i have seen in my life. The lighting is like a scene from the movie "BLADE". Truly inspirational :)

JacquesD
01-14-2002, 04:56 PM
Thanks.
Yes, you're right about the ear lobe, good point.
About the top rim of the ear it's just that I forgot to increase the subpatche level, but you couldn't know of course.:)

Thanks as well for the subway pic comment, really appreciate.
More are going to come but I'm kind of really busy right now.

Chappo
01-14-2002, 05:03 PM
awesome sh*t man ! :)
keep up da' tight works !

Airflow
01-14-2002, 11:35 PM
I read somewhere that the subway scene is projection mapped, it would be nice to see an animation of it:) Great head mate, throw some detail into it like geometry wrinkles.

JacquesD
01-15-2002, 03:49 AM
Thanks.
I don't really care if some people thing the 'Subway' pic is a projection image.
On the Lighwave forum I've put a wireframe and opengl view of the scene once. now if people still think is not full CG, I'm not going to spend my time trying to proove it, I've got better things to do.
Sure that one day I'll animate it, probably for the demo reel, it's just that right now I've got other things to do.

I don't want to put too much geometry in it cause it's easier to animate for facial expressions and I don't want to make him look too old but I will for sure redefine some details before I start the texturing.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.