PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush 4 New Features?

Silkcats
06-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Since ZBrush 4 (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=70082) is coming out in a couple of months I was wondering what kind of new features it will include.
One of the features that I thought it was just impossible just came out a couple of days ago with the "GO Z (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=71414)" Plugin so if that is just a sneak peek of what is coming I can predict that when the demo video of ZBrush 4 comes out it will generate millions of orgasms around the world.

I was thinking that it will be great if it includes some kind "UVLayout (http://www.uvlayout.com/)" software integrated. Like a tool where you just have to select your seams and cut and distribute the clusters or maybe let ZBrush do it automaticly. A new Plugin came out yesterday (beta) which generates automatic UVS but with better results than the actual AUV, it's called "ProUV" and you can check it out here (http://speedy.rs/prouv/).

The other feature that I was thinking was a new version of the retopology tool, something more intuitive and fast, maybe a "Projected Edge loop Tool", some kind of ellipse that you can project over your geometry to place it in the key areas for example around the eyes and mouth and then place it and then ZBrush will calculate an appropriate topology based on the various edge loops that you placed around your character or object.

Another tool that I was thinking of was a Hair simulator, some kind of mesh that you can manipulate just as if it was hair instead of a solid block.

..and finally just fix some details like the Antialiasing in the viewport and the little bugs when working with ZSpheres and the mesh suddenly shrinks and goes away to the background, and some problems with the ZProjection tool too for example when your Refference mesh have holes ans the projected poligons don't know where to go resulting in an explosion.

Well I will love to hear what other features would you like ZBrush 4 to have, just for fun and to calm the anxiety until August!

Cheers!
:beer:

draco76x
06-02-2009, 12:47 PM
I hope that Zbrush 4 can revamp abit on the workflow, like mudbox, easy to learn as really need to take some time to get use Zbrush "Alien" ways of scuplting.

wwswimming
06-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I hope that Zbrush 4 can revamp abit on the workflow, like mudbox, easy to learn as really need to take some time to get use Zbrush "Alien" ways of scuplting.

given that Pixologic has limited resources, i'm not sure that would be a productive use of time.

i took 3 different sets of tutorials before i got squared away with the program. the first 2 - the Pixologic tutorials, and the tutorials at 3D buzz - left me making the same mistakes. i'm not knocking the 3D buzz tutorials (the instructor does some very detailed work involving a goblin model - it's just not an intro tutorial, more intermediate advanced.)

what helped me was Eric Keller's tutorial at Lynda.com. plus LOTS of fooling around with displacement maps.

i think it would be beneficial if Pixologic stressed the feature of the program, whereby once you leave edit mode, the model is "dropped to canvas" and can only be re-accessed via the Tool menu. i.e., once you leave Edit mode, you can (sometimes) not go back into 3D sculpting on that part unless you re-load it via the Tool menu.

it would also be nice to be able to right click on objects & get a pop-up menu with info about the part.

CaptainSensible
06-03-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm quite excited about the ZBrush 4 release. I'm sure Pixologic will gradually preview small parts of the features on the way up until August. From what I saw of the GoZ plugin it's should be an awesome release with some very cool and innovative new features.

Silkcats, I like what I have seen from the auto uv plugin. Making some 'proper' uvs is something long overdue in ZBrush. Shame your plugin is just for pc as I am a mac user. Although I do have the added bonus of being able to use GoZ this month ;)

I too would love to see a better replacement for their current retopology tool. I find it very clunky and buggy at the moment. Something more intuitive like practically drawing the new topology on would be great.

Layered painting would be wonderful too.

hentsteph
06-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Layered painting :drool:

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2009, 01:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.