PDA

View Full Version : light glow

misterwolfy
06-02-2009, 02:02 AM
Anyone have advice on the best tips or tools to use for sophisticated, subtle, customize-able light glows for photo realistic comping. Links to tutorials or software features would be interesting.

Thanks

almightie
06-02-2009, 06:06 AM
what software options do you have??? you want to do that in production or post production??? can you post or link a sample image???? coz there are many ways to achieve that effect.....

misterwolfy
06-02-2009, 06:18 AM
I wanted to leave it open as far as software and technique, so that we could find new techniques. I personally use Maya and After Effects, but am open to what others are using.

One of my favorite tools is trapcode shine, plugin for AE, which is cool.

almightie
06-02-2009, 06:42 AM
I wanted to leave it open as far as software and technique, so that we could find new techniques. I personally use Maya and After Effects, but am open to what others are using.

One of my favorite tools is trapcode shine, plugin for AE, which is cool.

and what abt the scene??? In normal 3D scene I would prefer a layer render and give glow in post production or if u need something like a neon light then mental ray (I use 3dsmax) will give you best lighting effect....You can even use combination of 3ds max and combustion (I am not sure abt maya - combustion combination) where you have luxury to use object ids or material ids directly into post production (.rpf format)the only thing matters is what exact effect you are looking for....if you can post a sample picture..it will give fair idea

CGTalk Moderation
06-02-2009, 06:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.