PDA

View Full Version : Wired:Spy Kids' Director Goes Digital

RobertoOrtiz
07-21-2003, 07:06 PM
Quote:
"Filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, who shot his two most recent movies on high-definition digital tape, says old-fashioned celluloid is dead. But is Hollywood listening? By Michael Stroud."

>>Link<< (http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,59686,00.html)
-R

Array
07-21-2003, 07:20 PM
speaking of spy kids.....how lame does that movie look? that franchise gets worse and worse with each iteration.

Neil
07-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Have you guys seen this trailer?! :surprised
I was watching watching TV and thought that those kids were just making a new show on WB or FOX kids.
When i found out it was a movie, i felt pity for any kid that gets dragged to it by their parents.

xzevlin
07-22-2003, 03:39 AM
Each of the Spy Kids movies cost less than $40million to make. The first two have so far grossed over $200 million dollars in theatres alone. Obviously, there are people out there that like the stuff, and I include myself in that. It's not high art, it's just good clean fun aimed at kids.

RobertoOrtiz
07-22-2003, 04:03 AM
I agree with xzevlin

And also I would like to add that Robert Rodriguez got one of
those George Lucas deals with the merchandizing.

He is very smart man.

-R

Gentle Fury
07-23-2003, 06:13 PM
i'm gonna have to honestly say, i loved the first Spy Kids........i didnt see the second, cuz it didnt look very good....and this new one, i swear i thought it was a new attraction at universal studios until they said coming to theaters!!

It would be interesting to see a 3D glasses wearing feature...............but they are always so damn cheesy!! Using the same tricks that have been used since the invention of film! oooooo, move things close to the camera to make it look like its right in front of you!

Well, i was impressed when i first saw that stuff as a kid.....but its so old now.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.