PDA

View Full Version : Reflection on Fast Simple shader?

PaulAdams
06-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Is this possible? I've got my shaders setup and don't really want to change that, I just need to add reflection to miss_fast_simple. There's no tab for this though, can it be done?

Ash-Man
06-01-2009, 07:39 PM
like this ?

PaulAdams
06-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks for taking the time Ash-Man, but unless I'm mistaken this setup turns off the SSS. It it weren't for that, it would be excellent.

nfrancisj
06-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Is this possible? I've got my shaders setup and don't really want to change that, I just need to add reflection to miss_fast_simple. There's no tab for this though, can it be done?

Oui Oui my good mann!!

try this...

create a "mib_glossy_reflection" or run this "mrCreateCustomNode -asShader "" mib_glossy_reflection;"

plug the SSS fast to the Base Material in the Glossy reflection and then crank up the reflection color.

or

I would render out the SSSFast and then a blinn on separate layers and add them in Nuke.

hope it helps...

Cheers

-N!K

Ash-Man
06-04-2009, 05:41 PM
turned it off ?

umm check my file again ..it should have the lightmap node connected back to teh SG node of the surface shader

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2009, 05:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.