PDA

View Full Version : DeepAngel - A Must see!

aurora
07-21-2003, 04:31 PM
While on a short vacation I was reading this months 'ComputerGraphics World' and ran into an article on this incredible LW built upcoming webfilm/game/ and hopefull movie. Its called DeepAngel and is about a supercavitating submarine in the future. They describe it as TopGun underwater only I think its much, MUCH more. There is some incredible LW work on this site. http://www.deepangel.com

coremi
07-21-2003, 05:07 PM
they should be on newtek front page, fantastic shots.

Shade01
07-21-2003, 05:15 PM
The environments, ships and effects look incredible, but the humans look like glassy eyed drug addicts.

Where did it say they use Lightwave?

aurora
07-21-2003, 05:22 PM
It was in the article I mentioned. They used LW for modeling the characters and all the ships, and well pretty much enerything. A lot of the animation however was done in that other app, you know that M thing since it gave them better fluid solutions. I guess they never tried RealFlow/Wave. I have to admit the eyes are well, lets just say I would do alittle more texture work on them. The article says they used Photoshop for all texturing.
As a side note Shade01 I sent you a message this morning. Please get back to me when you get a chance so I canb get that file to you.

Triple G
07-21-2003, 05:33 PM
I agree with Shade01....the environments, ships, and effects look fantastic. But the people...they kinda look like Poser models...especially the Ryan guy. :surprised

PHILL_JAMES2000
07-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Shade01
The environments, ships and effects look incredible, but the humans look like glassy eyed drug addicts.

hmm...scarey, starey, eyes...

Facial Deluxe
07-21-2003, 05:40 PM
I don't like...
Oh yeah another marines bollocks story...
Humans are looking plastic, the woman looks constipated...
The environnement ? which one ? the 2 planes with the same procedural paterns ?
The editing of the .mov thing is as poor as the subject...

Triple G
07-21-2003, 05:44 PM
Actually, yeah...the trailer looked pretty terrible, but the stills that they have in the gallery section looked pretty good, I thought. :)

PHILL_JAMES2000
07-21-2003, 05:45 PM
it is a story/concept that's been done a few times, too...pity...but, yeah, a lot of the still images are cool :D

...and why is it that only the US navy can stop Kalitha, what about a UN coalition? :D:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.