PDA

View Full Version : Nurb Curve to have a Locator as a goal

mleep
05-31-2009, 04:56 AM
Any ideas on how to get my "controller curve" for my rig to have a simple goal?

I tried parenting the controller curve to a shape, turned shape active rigid, and gave it a newton field. This works ok, but it lets the object rotate, which I don't want. I want it to simply "ease towards" the destination.

Much like creating two particles and giving one a goal, and goal weighting to the other...
// Create particle systems
particle -p 5 0 -5 -n partOne;
particle -p -5 0 5 -n partTwo;

// Set rendering type to sphere
setAttr partOne.prt 4;
setAttr partTwo.prt 4;

// Add goals to each set of particles: 1 to 2, 2 to 1
goal -g partTwo -w 0.2 partOne;
goal -g partOne -w 0.2 partTwo;

// Set goal smoothness for each goal to create 'curved' transition (easing)
setAttr partOneShape.goalSmoothness 4.0;
setAttr partTwoShape.goalSmoothness 4.0;

Wick3dParticle
05-31-2009, 06:52 AM
Hey Mleep.

Why dont you just point constrain your controller to your rigid object? That way you get the translations, and ignore rotations.

Good Luck,

~Ilan

mleep
05-31-2009, 07:19 AM
I need the particle and goal behavior, point constraints, etc do not provide easing and goal weighting behavior.

Wick3dParticle
05-31-2009, 02:24 PM
I tried parenting the controller curve to a shape, turned shape active rigid, and gave it a newton field. This works ok, but it lets the object rotate, which I don't want.

OK, You may want to explain yourself better. Because from the looks of this quote, it seems that you tried parenting a curve to a rigid body and were overall happy aside from the rotation.

~Ilan

Wick3dParticle
05-31-2009, 04:39 PM
Ok...So to solve your problem.
Create a single particle using the particle tool. In the connection editor, connect the particle's center to the controller's translate. Then set a goal for that particle.

~Ilan

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2009, 04:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.