PDA

View Full Version : renderman subdiv scheme doesnīt smooth uvs?

shenmue
05-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi
I am having a little problem using the subdiv scheme.The texture for displacemente is renderend without being smoothed,so I canīt get nice smooth lines.It is the textures corresponding to the lowpoly mesh.If I use instead the subdiv scheme,the regular smooth everything is OK...but the thing is using rendermanīs subdiv scheme right?
Any idea if there is a solution?
Thx

el diablo
05-31-2009, 04:53 AM
are you using Maya imbedded prMan or standalone. Not familiar with prMan in Maya but the standalone have several UV interpolations. I believe they are classic, boundary, and edge. Throw edge creasing on top of that you get confusion cubed! Can you supply an image unsubdivided and subdivided to help dissect your issue....el diablo

shenmue
05-31-2009, 09:41 AM
I am using standalone.But where do you select the classic boundery and egge options?
I just have a mesh and add renderman attr subdiv scheme.There no option for uv interpolation in there...

el diablo
06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
I believe it is faceVarying On and faceVarying type

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.