PDA

View Full Version : shake: freeze sequence?

alexx
07-21-2003, 01:15 PM
hey,

i would like to freeze an image seqence (having it start with 25fps and then make a slowdown to 0 fps with smooth curves).

i know that can be done with e.g. timeX and keyframes in other places.

i know a tool in digital fusion that lets you set keyframes on the timing of such a sequence and have the frames being interpolated which results in a very smooth freeze effect.

in shake all i can get is a very steppy freeze, because there is no frame blending..

i tried attaching a timeX to the average node but the result does not look what i want it to (i guess there is a problem with the timeX, since the average macro itself uses timeX a lot, which always messes up shake, since it only handles 1 timeX node in a tree)..

anyone know a marco or another idea to get there?

cheers

alexx

Cogliostros
07-27-2003, 02:12 AM
Shakes ReTiming is not to sexy... usually choppy, but it depends on the footage and how drastic of retiming your doing... but you can achieve some desired results... they have frame blending, and you can manipulate the weight of the blend and how many frames to blend with... you also have a nifty curve editor to control your timing... its all inside the second tab when you bring in your footage...

Otherwise, I'd look into Twixtor...

http://www.revisionfx.com/rstwixtor.htm

have fun...

:D

alexx
07-27-2003, 06:57 PM
i got it to work.. but i found a bug in shake 2.46 while doing so..

when you create a timeX below the average node and keyframe the average nodes scale and range values, you get very strange results (the keyframes seem to get changed by the timeX behind..)

naja..
my last shake as it looks anyway since no longer on PC-Win :/

cheers & thanx

alexx

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.