PDA

View Full Version : Rendering technique- time saver?

MBaker
05-30-2009, 10:34 AM
This is probably a dumb question but...

I was talking with my motion graphics teacher a while back about using Time warp in After Effects to add motion blur, or slow down the video. He said something about it generating in between frames.

So I got this idea where you would render out every other frame in Max or Maya and then use After Effects to generate the missing frames with time warp, or some other effect to save time.

Is this a good technique to use? And I haven't really seen anything used like this so has it been done before?

Sinew
06-02-2009, 09:13 AM
It can be used to save time if you have a really tight deadline, but I wouldn't recommend it. it's far better to render your animations at the frame rate you require.

SeaJackal
06-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Optical flow techniques may generate artifacts and need twaking to get nice results. It's not like pressing a button and voila. So at the end of the day may be as time consuming as doing the full render. Re-timing techniques degrade the quality of the image

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2009, 09:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.