PDA

View Full Version : Problem exporting, things are flipped.

VUETan
05-30-2009, 06:11 AM
Hi guys,

Im new in zBrush, recently i encountered a problem. I have all my modifications flipped to the other side when exported, can anyone help? The original object was done in Lightwave and export to zBrush then export back again, thats when i found out this problem.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr79/oriontan/Problem01.jpg

wwswimming
05-30-2009, 11:53 PM
ZBrush uses a coordinate system that is different from Max or Maya or any other 3D application i've seen. there's no XYZ icon in the main viewport, maybe you can turn on a view triad & i just haven't learned how yet.

the mirror image behavior you're describing makes it look like it's flipping an Axis. What you call +Y (or whichever), it calls -Y. hard to tell without an axis icon.

ZBrush does something similar with displacement maps and projected normal maps. in order to use them in Max or Maya, i have to take them into Photoshop and do a "flip vertical" - so, again, making a mirror image. ZBrush flips one of the axis for the UV's, something like that.

VUETan
05-31-2009, 02:54 AM
Hi, now then i discovered that when i import into the zBrush, is already a mirrored object! I cant tell when is a face and i didnt notice it with other objects as well. So is that normal? So now my solution is to mirror my object in my software to get what i want.

Are the any settings in zBrush to make sure that it loads imported object in a normal unmirrored way?

ArticSpider
05-31-2009, 08:22 PM
How do I get something that for some reason imported flip to get it upright? I tried Display Properties Flip, but that didn't work. I tried simply rotating the canvas so the mesh was upright then saved it, but it lead to all sorts of other problems which I won't mention because it'll take so long.

So basically how do I flip something that imported flipped?

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2009, 08:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.