PDA

View Full Version : New 3D Technology

The-black-tulip
07-21-2003, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone,

I invite you to see the the V3™ parallax scanning technology ...
This technology give a depth in your screen without glasses or other accessory.

*The corridor scene with V3 plugin for Lightwave...*

http://www.v3imaging.com/examples/Corridor.wmv

Let me know what you think ...

Thanx.

T.B.T.

MrWyatt
07-21-2003, 10:47 AM
can you explain what it does and how it works, because I donīt understand.

Fasty
07-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Interesting... a very subtle effect. Seems like the objects kind of stretch out as they get closer to the camera.

Facial Deluxe
07-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by MrWyatt
can you explain what it does and how it works, because I donīt understand.
I felt like stupid, didn't seeing the effect. Good not to be alone, mean not stupid, not seeing the effects, eeeerr...

PHILL_JAMES2000
07-21-2003, 01:43 PM
that's lost on me, too... :shrug:

The-black-tulip
07-21-2003, 01:52 PM
OK,

Here the website adress where you will find all explanations wich you need.

http://www.v3imaging.com/

PHILL_JAMES2000
07-21-2003, 01:57 PM
wasn't parallax scrolling the technique in 2d games in the 90's that created multiple moving backgrounds to give the illusion of a 3D environment? probably nothing to do with this, just wondered... :D

Para
07-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by PHILL_JAMES2000
wasn't parallax scrolling the technique in 2d games in the 90's that created multiple moving backgrounds to give the illusion of a 3D environment? probably nothing to do with this, just wondered... :D

Do you mean something like this? (sorry, couldn't find a better example)
http://www.stopesso.com/funstuff/nose.html

PHILL_JAMES2000
07-21-2003, 02:22 PM
yeah, kind of, it was prevalent mainly in Amiga/ST games such as Shadow of the Beast, Assassin, Altered Beast and many, many, more...

Omto
07-21-2003, 07:00 PM
It might be more effective if they put video with out the technology next to the same video with....it is easier to see ( a little ) if you view the "Product Example" on their website.

tmcbroome
07-21-2003, 07:16 PM
I just do not see the effect at all.......:surprised

StefanB
07-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Let me know what you think ...

I saw the movies, but it doesn't look very promising. It looks like the camera man was a little nervous.

This technology give a depth in your screen without glasses or other accessory.

Hmm, i think the effect you can get with glasses is much better.

iratethemad
07-21-2003, 08:34 PM
It's adds depth to the image very suttle but looks promising

Fasty
07-22-2003, 03:16 AM
OK so what I can gather from their website and pdf is that it's not supposed to look 3D, it's only supposed to help the viewer percieve the depth of various objects within the image.

samartin
07-22-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Omto
It might be more effective if they put video with out the technology next to the same video with....it is easier to see ( a little ) if you view the "Product Example" on their website.

Totally agree with this as it's lost on me aswell...

The-black-tulip
07-22-2003, 09:09 AM
Thanx for your comments

It's really interesting to see your reactions.

I hope to be able to show you soon other examples more evocative...

Thanks .

T.B.T.

MrWyatt
07-22-2003, 10:48 AM
after visiting the website I got it the optic is in constant movement which causes the eye to have a 3d impression, only thing that bothers me is that the picture allways look like the cameraman had too much coffee. the image jitters visibly.

clifford
07-22-2003, 12:30 PM
Well . Strange effect.

I saw it well on the horse example where the man standing behind the barrier seems to be added on the forest by a bad photoshop magic wand effect.

Effect is better with the dog example (house and street sliding behind bushes).

Thanks for parallax scrolling evocation since it reminds me my old Amiga and its incredible assembly code. After all, the effect here is quite similar to parallax scroll (more subtle though :) )

Let see where v3 can bring us ...

Wesball
07-22-2003, 01:10 PM
hmm... very subtle... little unnatural.

I think its just flickering between two images.... one image of lens1 focused on object, and another image of lens2 focused on the same object..

the effect is really apparent on the horse example... where the different depth layers of the shot seem to move back and forth between lenses.

not sure how I feel about it.

JacquesD
07-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Honestly... I really don't get it.
I checked the website with the other examples but I find it more disturbing than convicing.

my 2 cents.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.