PDA

View Full Version : Challenge WIP: KFC

kfc
01-14-2002, 03:11 PM
http://kfc79.hypermart.net/wip/pirate.jpg

Still can't find the time to do the model yet. maybe i'll just do a 2d painting for it.
Cheers~!

fernando
01-14-2002, 03:25 PM
Greatings from the other side of the planet.
Great sketch , I love your stile .

el gatto
01-14-2002, 04:52 PM
Hope you'll find time to work on a 3d model 'cause it really looks good, cool design and beeeeeautiful drawing :)

ciao

pascal_blanche
01-14-2002, 04:57 PM
2D contest begins to be sharp! love the style too!

sigma
01-14-2002, 08:29 PM
wow, very nice kfc. Im wondering about the candle under the chair..fire hazard? lol, oh and I love his shoe buckels!
very nice work. :)

kfc
01-15-2002, 03:13 AM
hmmm..... i wonder if 2d contest is still on. since alot of ppl is taking part in the 3d contest. i think i might just want to stick to 2d for now. atleast it won't take out too much of my time.
ok, the next thing i'll do is going to draw some deeper detail in to the character design. and going to do a drawn walkcycle for it. hmm.... i guess i'm the only one who's doing this way.

well.... dudes. thanks for the compliments.

the candle... it's for litting up his cigarate.

btw, do I still have to make a tail for this character?

epatnor
01-15-2002, 10:24 AM
Yes. You have to put in a tail.

Because I would like to see more of this character!!! :) :) :)

lildragon
01-15-2002, 10:42 AM
Love it lotsa personality and style :) he evens reminds me of someone you'll see in Titan A.E. ;)

kfc
01-17-2002, 09:25 AM
http://kfc79.hypermart.net/wip/pirate2.jpg
http://kfc79.hypermart.net/wip/pirate3.jpg
http://kfc79.hypermart.net/wip/pirate4.jpg
http://kfc79.hypermart.net/wip/pirate5.jpg

Here is a little update to my previous sketch. got a little more details in to it.
what do u think?
should i add or change anything?

epatnor
01-17-2002, 09:28 AM
Help! Fix those links!!!! Isn't working...

epatnor
01-17-2002, 09:29 AM
OK got it... You might wanna reduce the size man, my machine can hardly take it!!

Nice work man! XLNT!!!

kfc
01-17-2002, 09:38 AM
epatnor!
u were here while i was uploading the pix.
haha.... an early bird.
i saw u in almost every thread. u look kinda free to me. what are u doing now? are u taking part in this challenge too?

dzogchen
01-17-2002, 01:35 PM
If I can draw like you, model like Pascal and texture like Taron, I will be invincible!:o :D :p

epatnor
01-17-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by kfc
epatnor!
u were here while i was uploading the pix.
haha.... an early bird.
i saw u in almost every thread. u look kinda free to me. what are u doing now? are u taking part in this challenge too?

KFC; I guess it's just the time difference - when I'm post my comments there's almost nobody present in the forum!!! It's 9 hrs or something between here and USA, for example. So in the morning when I log in I'm kinda lonely in here, and has nothing to do but make silly remarks on other people's work!!! :D

Yeah I look free, but that's an illusion: I have my butt full at work (except posting comments in here :p ), so that's why I haven't posted anything in the challenge yet, and to that you can add 3 things:

1. I'm not very good with 3D... YET!
2. I can't draw well either... YET!
3. I get discouraged when I see all the xlnt work by you guys!

So what the **** am I doing in here??? Well --- isn't it obvious? I just love to get inspired by a collection of the best damn artists I've come across that has time with a thing like this forum, including newbies like me. Awesome!

Thanks to all of you out there, you make guys like me see that there is a future in 3D, even if ILM does'nt hire you - like your dream was from the beginning!

Regards,

Patrik [epatnor]

fernando
01-17-2002, 02:42 PM
Hey , the new drawings are even better .

what about a parrot for him ?
I would like to see it in your drawing style .

keep the good work

Konyn
01-17-2002, 06:08 PM
wow, looking great, realy cool concepts.

Ik like the face in your first drawing the best, he has the nicest expresion and I like the goggles on his eyes.

one question, whats that candle doing on the barstool, should it keep the persons ...... warm?

kfc
01-18-2002, 02:59 PM
fernando: Hey , the new drawings are even better . what about a parrot for him ?
I would like to see it in your drawing style .

a parrot huh? hmmm..... i'll see what i can do for it. by the way, can anyone see that there is a tail for this fella?
it's there.

Krep Suzeth
01-18-2002, 03:10 PM
Come on !!!
Your drawings are really nice ! You got an instinctive style !

Congratulation fro your concepts !

Krep

kfc
01-18-2002, 03:40 PM
hmmm..... ok. i'll try the parrot later b4 i sleep.

Konyn: wow, looking great, realy cool concepts.
Ik like the face in your first drawing the best, he has the nicest expresion and I like the goggles on his eyes.

one question, whats that candle doing on the barstool, should it keep the persons ...... warm?

oh well.... i like the expression on the 1st sketch too. looks friendlier than the others sketch. the reason why i draw such an ugly expression in the 2nd sketch is to explore the possibility of it's expression.

as for the candle... hmmm.... originally I want the character to use it to lit his cigarate. alot of ppl worrying that the candle might burn the pirate's pants. it might be the most unpossible place for a person to place a candle on. but to me, it can be interesting that the candle to be there and there is millions of possibily that i can make a joke out of it.
haha.... ok, if it's happens. that fella can yell at the camera and says."who the hell designed this chair?"

hehe.... btw, i'm fond of torturing my own characters.

pabbloz
01-29-2002, 03:01 AM
uau! it's great!
only I would like see one more clean drawing (no sketches) :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.