PDA

View Full Version : Lewis' car modelling tutorial?

Mechis
07-21-2003, 08:08 AM
Did anyone save Lewis' car modelling tutorial from LWG3D? I have heard so many good things about it that I wanted to try it myself. It seems that it has gone missing since LWG3D had internet troubles. If so, would you be able to e-mail it to me? If you could, please send it to melee@pomona.edu

Many thanks!

clifford
07-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Same for me .. If somebody saved it ...
Mechis, if you already received it, can you forward it to me ?

Thanks

cliffie@ifrance.com

loqutos
07-21-2003, 09:47 AM
Same here...if someone saved that tut, could you please forward it to me also?

Thanks
Loqutos

loqutos@lvcm.com

WChestnutt
07-21-2003, 10:58 AM
how could you save it? it was in the format of a thread on the forum....
it would be way over 100 mb even if it was saved....

Will

Kroax
07-21-2003, 11:01 AM
this tutorial is BIG(with hundrets of pictures) . i dont think anyone will be able to send it to your mails ... i hope someone will send it over to LWG3d.com and they will restore it .
another option would be buying the tutoial at LWG3d.com ($30 :( )

AnimaLMotheR
07-21-2003, 04:00 PM
We'll be working over the next several weeks to bring content back online. But it'll take time to rebuild.

Lets hope that includes the car tutorial too. ;)

MVP
07-21-2003, 05:38 PM
I've just had a look and I believe the creator is now selling that tutorial on disk and pdf format. It is on the lwg3d homepage. The original thread is gone.

Lewis3D
07-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Hi !

Tutorial is ALWAYS been available in store as PDF on CD-R with nice layout and printed front face of CD-R with few small goodiens included on CD-R (so PDF in store isn't new thing). But HTML wersion was free online and since LWG recently suffered massive problems i'am not sure waht will happend to tutorial now. I'll check with Bob what we can do about it. Maybe we can pull out something from archives but i can't primisse anything :(.

cheers

Mechis
07-22-2003, 12:39 AM
ok. Thanks a lot for checking :) Please keep us updated on what is going on with the tutorial!!

nessjp
07-22-2003, 01:22 AM
There is another new very detailed car tutorial over at Newteks site. I feel that this is just as detailed, but it is done with polygon/point by point method, where as Lewis' tutorial was spline based. Both excellent tut's, two different approaches.

If you do want a spline based one, there is a killer one over on www.simplylightwave.com with the first module or two being free and costing a few bucks after that.
Here is a link to the new one at Newtek:

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/modeling/car/index.html

PanzerBoy
07-23-2003, 11:53 PM
Is this the tut where he models the Ford Mustang? If so, I have most of the tut discussions and the images saved on my home PC. I could zip it all up and put it somewhere where you guys could get at it. It's pretty big, though.

One thing I don't know about is how Lewis would react to my doing it. If he's trying to make money from it he'd probably be mad if I uploaded it somewhere... :shrug:

Lewis3D
07-24-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by PanzerBoy
Is this the tut where he models the Ford Mustang? If so, I have most of the tut discussions and the images saved on my home PC. I could zip it all up and put it somewhere where you guys could get at it. It's pretty big, though.

One thing I don't know about is how Lewis would react to my doing it. If he's trying to make money from it he'd probably be mad if I uploaded it somewhere... :shrug:

Hi PanZerBoy !

Plese don't upload files anywhere, only LWG have rights to that tutorial and I made it JUST for them :). HTML was been FREE and it will be FREE again. ONLY - PDF version on CD-r is on LWG store. Since shiping, burning, printing layout and all that isn't free it can't be free of charge but users don't need to buy it if they liek HTML. HTML is same (PDF only have nicer layout and search capatibilityes with few other neat tricks for PDF type).

To all users - plese be little more patient 'coz tutorial will be onlien in next few days. Ethangar is pulling out tutorial from backup. And it will be even more organized and celarer to see/read.

cheers.

PanzerBoy
07-24-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Lewis
Hi PanZerBoy !

Plese don't upload files anywhere, only LWG have rights to that tutorial and I made it JUST for them :). HTML was been FREE and it will be FREE again.

No, problem, Lewis. I understand. :) I won't uploading anything. I just had a copy of the free HTML version that I did a "Save As HTML" from the LWG forums a while back. Easier to work through 'em that way without tying up the phoneline for hours and hours.

Anyway, it sounds like you guys have a handle on recovering your data. But if you find something's missing I might be able to help.

Mechis
07-24-2003, 03:54 AM
Thanks Lewis. I'm sure all users appreciate your efforts! I know I do!!!!!

Lewis3D
07-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Thanks fro patience, 1/3 of tutorial is already fixed and Ethangar is working on rest :). So it can be finished in two-three days and online next week.

PanzerBoy - thanks for ofering help, I'll contact you if we miss some part of HTML but so far so good (Images we have all natraly ;)).. And form first sights so far tutorial will look even nicer than before - easyer to read.

cg_matt
07-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Hi Lewis

Can you get the guys at LWG3D to sort the payment system out, I've tried 3 times to buy your tutorial but the cart is always empty so you can never purchase anything!

Not checked the latest site since the hacker attack, might go there now in fact!!!

Cheers
Matt

Lewis3D
07-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by cg_matt
Hi Lewis

Can you get the guys at LWG3D to sort the payment system out, I've tried 3 times to buy your tutorial but the cart is always empty so you can never purchase anything!

Not checked the latest site since the hacker attack, might go there now in fact!!!

Cheers
Matt

Hmm ?? I didn't know that ? You had those problems BEFORE hack ? I'll check that with Bob but from what i see Store is operaitonal now (atleast i can see all parts of it normaly).

Thanks for info

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.