PDA

View Full Version : jelly shader?

scarface1
05-29-2009, 07:22 AM
im tryin to make a jelly shader that looks like this:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=142796&stc=1

i tried some ideas but the results were closer to glass ,plastic ..how can i achive the dark and lit spot in the shader that i think are caused by refractions?also specularity and anything else?..
any advise?..i really appreciate that.

StSabath
05-29-2009, 10:43 AM
hey,i might have a material,that comes close.

let me dig around on my HD,ill get back to you..

scarface1
05-29-2009, 05:39 PM
thats so generous of you ,i'm waiting and i'll post my own results if they tend to look interesting

scarface1
05-31-2009, 07:16 PM
ok ,this is a preview of what i got,its messy but a good start with mr dielectric.
any suggestions?

MasonDoran
05-31-2009, 07:20 PM
use a glass preset from Mia_material and mess around with glossy refractions.

If you want to push it, you would need to use caustics.

anevsky
06-01-2009, 05:20 PM
scarface wat you have looks good - but you need more power in the reflections compared to your reference (although this is different lighting - is this the final lighting in your target scene?) and also from a fast look - put some little bubbles in there. Keep us posted on your progress.

noxy
06-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I did something like this recently, and found that what really sold it was using MR blurry refractions, which you can use in combination with any shader. it really gives the impression of a volume of substance rather than a shell.

Noxy

scarface1
06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
wow,gracias everybody.i really need your help.
use a glass preset from Mia_material and mess around with glossy refractions.
mia materials are so impressing but this is done in maya 7 and eventhough i have access to maya 9 i prefer to finish it in 7 and also these material are a bit slow.
scarface wat you have looks good - but you need more power in the reflections compared to your reference (although this is different lighting - is this the final lighting in your target scene?) and also from a fast look - put some little bubbles in there. Keep us posted on your progress.

I did something like this recently, and found that what really sold it was using MR blurry refractions, which you can use in combination with any shader. it really gives the impression of a volume of substance rather than a shell.

Noxy
youre right the reflections should be stronger and adding bubles is a good idea.and lighting is just an arbitary spotlight positioning.do you think i should have a good lighting to setup my shader properly?
i think caustics is the way to illuminate it ,can i have it in a pass?
you know its kinda study project for me and i'd like to use composit approach and its another result just a bit tuned and dirted in shake...i talked too much, thank you verymuch and keep posting.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=142898&stc=1

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.