PDA

View Full Version : Alice, Hawk (2D)

hawk
07-21-2003, 05:53 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/7585/Alice_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/7585/Alice.jpg)

Sketch -> Scanned -> Photoshop

I'm very happy with the end result, mostly with the colors. Any comments?

(B-HOLM)
07-21-2003, 06:39 AM
not much into that drawing style, but this image just looks amazing :O

:applause:

BiTMAP
07-21-2003, 06:46 AM
dammit the purdy ones are always art lol... Look but no touch ;)

mmm very nice work, nice style the flare.. :O! lol :hmm:

yeah, its nice i :love: it!

DDS
07-21-2003, 10:27 AM
wow!!!! so sweet...congrats!!

cgg
07-21-2003, 11:33 AM
:drool:
you da man
:wip:

hawk
07-21-2003, 12:49 PM
dammit the purdy ones are always art lol... Look but no touch

mmm very nice work, nice style the flare.. :O! lol

yeah, its nice i it!

i swear, after working on this for few hours, it seem she was teasing me :p

Night
07-21-2003, 01:54 PM
wow i like it!!!:applause:
how many time its take?

unicron
07-21-2003, 04:09 PM
looks pretty good hawk.

yeah she looks like she's teasing somebody... lol

hawk
07-21-2003, 05:21 PM
wow i like it!!!
how many time its take?

what do you mean? how long did it take for me to finish it?

here's a pic of my desk while working on it.

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~mfhaque/images/working.jpg

Ex Tessera
07-21-2003, 06:35 PM
Nice. But now that I see the picture of you working on it I can offer one critique:

Stop reading slashdot. :)

Like I should talk, hehe.

Looks excellent.

coCoKNIght
07-21-2003, 06:45 PM
he-he, got the same tablet :)
Superb work as always, keep inspiring people! :applause:

kazami
07-21-2003, 06:54 PM
nice work !! :eek:

hawk
07-21-2003, 07:00 PM
Slashdot rules!

hehe yeah i love my tablet. Small enough to carry it around with my laptop and use photoshop anywhere I go.

digital_rhino
07-22-2003, 02:22 AM
Wow...now dats a butt!:surprised

Great image man :thumbsup:

Slurry
07-22-2003, 02:25 AM
I really like your colouring style. May I ask your technique for creating the 'hard edges' between your hilites and shadows in P'shop?
Very well done!

Slurry
:thumbsup:

Jonnydigitall
07-22-2003, 02:30 AM
what kind of tablet do you use, Ive been looking for one for my texturing. Could you give me a good tip on where I could get a quality one for a quality price?

MaTaDoR
07-22-2003, 02:31 AM
I dont think I can handle 3 monitors on my desk, would go crazy I tell ya!

Night
07-22-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by hawk
what do you mean? how long did it take for me to finish it?

Yep, sorry my english isnt very good

xasteycracker
07-22-2003, 02:47 AM
that is freaking sweet man. i really like the cell shading look. btw how in the hell do you work with three monitors on your desk.

T0BER
07-22-2003, 02:59 AM
Very nice. My only critique is that the flare/hilight on her butt makes her pants look metallic.

Keep 'em coming. :)

rayz
07-22-2003, 03:18 AM
The color scheme fits her very nice with the pink hair :buttrock:

Sez
07-22-2003, 03:35 AM
WOW!

Really cool, I like her a lot Hawk! Nice job! you should make a nice wallpaper with her! Could we get a bigger image of her? Please!
Keep them coming!
:beer: :thumbsup:

NeoNautica
07-22-2003, 03:37 AM
Nice work, love the colors.

BIGBADWuLF: The tablet in the pic of his desk is a Wacom Graphire2 4x5 (If I'm not mistaken). Circut City has them for $100 with a $30 mail in rebate (At least they did, not sure how long that promotion lasts).

MaDSheeP
07-22-2003, 03:41 AM
actually, the workspace border on a graphire is a very thick border... that looks like a 9x12 or 6x8 intuos... mmmm

:drool:

oh yeah, and the picture... sweet jesus!

i just love the digital paintings on this board! and i love the image! :)

DougNicola
07-22-2003, 03:44 AM
Really nice character and style! The only thing that caught me a bit was the tatoo. Maybe a little too industrial? I would think a character like this might have something more flame-like, as in too hot to handle.

But I can see how the tatoo is a nice contrast to the character.

Very fun!

jaucifer
07-22-2003, 03:44 AM
wow she look so cute.

G-Prime
07-22-2003, 03:57 AM
so.. the shadows are made with photoshop, then... how did you did those perfect "1" stroke height lines ? :shrug:

symantix
07-22-2003, 04:09 AM
Really great work.

A small crit: Her mouth looks a little strange, like she's bearing her upper teeth really bad, as if she we're saying "der!" and making fun of someone who is goofy. Is that intentional? It's doesn't necessarily look bad, but it might look better if her mouth was closed and she had some full lips. Don't know anything about that particular character though; from all indications, she comes from a comic series, so maybe there is a reason that her mouth looks that way.

Other than that (and perhaps including that), sweet skills!

Question: what are the two views that you have there in Photoshop? It looks like you have a closeup view on your main screen, and then an overall view of the image on your subsidiary screen. Do they work in sync? I don't think that's not your navigational view, because I believe that I see that in the upper right corner of your main screen. Looks like you have a pretty good workflow on a dual monitor config. though. Please share...

Also, I can see what you mean about the small wacom. I have an intous2 9x12 (and there's no way that's a 9x12 that he has, whoever said that...that's a graphire, and they only make 4x5's in graphire, if I'm not mistaken...but it's definitely not 9x12), and I bought it for the purpose of having a pad I could take with me wherever I go with my laptop. However, I also wanted a lot of real estate space to work with. I thought I would need it for large, hirez images. I find now that, although I can take it with me wherever I go, it's very cumbersome to work with. Even at home, I don't have room for it on my desk, and it's clumsy and often uncomfortable to hold in my lap. Don't get me wrong, I love it; but I'm thinking of selling it and buying a smaller one. Perhaps not a graphire, but a smaller intuos2 (I believe the intuos2 has at least twice the sensitivity/levels of pressure, and I don't think the graphire has rotation sensitivity, and the intuos2 does...just fyi)...

Anyhow, I'm through rambling. Thanks for the ideas (workflow/tools of choice).

elvis
07-22-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by (B-HOLM)
not much into that drawing style, but this image just looks amazing :O

well, i am into that drawing style, and i love it! :D

that one goes straight to the desktop wallpaper!!! :thumbsup:

hawk
07-22-2003, 04:53 AM
whoa, i take a nap for few hours and I get all these replies. kick ass. ok lets see if I can answer all the questions.

I really like your colouring style. May I ask your technique for creating the 'hard edges' between your hilites and shadows in P'shop?
Very well done!

Slurry

Answer: I use a regular hardedge (19 px) brush. Nothing special. Because I'm using a tablet, I have a good control over it. also, i always work 300dpi, when i resize it to 72 dpi, the lines get sharper.

what kind of tablet do you use, Ive been looking for one for my texturing. Could you give me a good tip on where I could get a quality one for a quality price?

Answer: I use a wacom 4x5 tablet. You can get it at wacom.com

Question: How long did it take?

Answer: Took me about 2 days. 300 dpi, pretty big. I don't use selection and fill, its all brush strokes.

that is freaking sweet man. i really like the cell shading look. btw how in the hell do you work with three monitors on your desk.

Answer: The two big CRT monitors is hooked up to my G4 machine. Now i can spread all the windows across the desktop and work freely. Also I check the news, email, chat on my laptop (wireless connection).

Very nice. My only critique is that the flare/hilight on her butt makes her pants look metallic.

Keep 'em coming.

Answer: space pants heheh.

WOW!

Really cool, I like her a lot Hawk! Nice job! you should make a nice wallpaper with her! Could we get a bigger image of her? Please!
Keep them coming!

Answer: Soon.

Really nice character and style! The only thing that caught me a bit was the tatoo. Maybe a little too industrial? I would think a character like this might have something more flame-like, as in too hot to handle.

But I can see how the tatoo is a nice contrast to the character.

Very fun!

Answer: I just love that symbol. I actually have a black t-shirt with that symbol and glows in th dark. its by thinkgeek.com.

so.. the shadows are made with photoshop, then... how did you did those perfect "1" stroke height lines ?

Answer: Mouse strokes with the shift key pressed down.

A small crit: Her mouth looks a little strange, like she's bearing her upper teeth really bad, as if she we're saying "der!" and making fun of someone who is goofy. Is that intentional? It's doesn't necessarily look bad, but it might look better if her mouth was closed and she had some full lips. Don't know anything about that particular character though; from all indications, she comes from a comic series, so maybe there is a reason that her mouth looks that way.

Answer: small lips like that is more anime/manga style, which was what i was mixing in.

Question: what are the two views that you have there in Photoshop? It looks like you have a closeup view on your main screen, and then an overall view of the image on your subsidiary screen. Do they work in sync? I don't think that's not your navigational view, because I believe that I see that in the upper right corner of your main screen. Looks like you have a pretty good workflow on a dual monitor config. though. Please share...

Answer: The two windows are in sync. The reason why i have this is because I don't like zooming in and zooming out all the time. This way, i can look over and see what it looks like over all. To have mutiple windows of the same window, go to Window->Documents->New Window You can work on either window and it acts like one.

I hope I answered all the questions.

dbach
07-22-2003, 05:06 AM
The symbol (tatoo) is for power isn't it? Maby consider making it a little smaller? Imho the two star highlights (one on the strap the other on her earing) might be a little to close together maby make one smaller?

Overall excellent image, the facial expression is perfect and the colors are way cool.

With all the moniters going on yould think you could have cgtalk on one of them, but noooo it has to be slashdot :D

-Don

Bilbo_Baggins
07-22-2003, 05:15 AM
My Photoshop must be broken.. because it doesn't make images that look like that. :)

hawk
07-22-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Bilbo_Baggins
My Photoshop must be broken.. because it doesn't make images that look like that. :)

I say you go to adobe and demand for a full refund. :P

singleguy
07-22-2003, 06:44 AM
superb.. i wonder .. maybe a little silly for a question, but im curios. I saw alot of pros working table, they always have two monitors. Can anyone help to clear of this amature's curiosity?

santosLord
07-22-2003, 07:03 AM
nice set up you got there... got that same tablet. .. your style of drawing is nice.. i like your sense of colors. keep up the good work.. lets see her 3d ....

souleage
07-22-2003, 07:06 AM
:applause: nice color .!

Gkar
07-22-2003, 08:04 AM
Wow, very well done, I like your style, nice colour too, only one thing, have you tried this program? opencanvas (http://www.portalgraphics.net/) take a look at the page :thumbsup:

Bonstar
07-22-2003, 08:22 AM
singlegy: you don't need two monitors but it gives you a lot more space to work with... if you are working on something, and you are using 2 programs, then you can have one open on each monitor so you can keep an eye on it... or you can have a window open on each... so that your screen isn't all cluttered up with palletes. I hope that this helps you.

Randuin
07-22-2003, 08:36 AM
All brush strokes? That's amazing! The sharp lines on the hair is top notch if it was all brush stroke :) Even with my tablet (Exact same one as yours...) I can't get straight lines like that, but iI think i just need to get the feel of my tablet more. But neverthless. Great work.

PS: I love anime :) So that you deserve a big thumbs up! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Do you ever sketch on photoshop directly with your tablet?

FabioMSilva
07-22-2003, 09:09 AM
anime all the way!:beer:

PhilWesson
07-22-2003, 09:39 AM
Hawk,
hey, i've been a long time watcher of your site. Your work is really inspirational (esp. the hulk parody comic, i feel ya man!)
Do you think you'll do any work for posters or things of that sort?
BTW: my girlfriend loves u too. maybe a little too much, i wonder....

MrBraun
07-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Really great image !!! Well well well done !!! :thumbsup:

P.S.
Your desck is incredible too !!!! :drool:

ZVAN
07-22-2003, 09:55 AM
wow.. can i have her no!!!! COOL!!!!!!:applause:

SexyPancakes
07-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Very nice work! I'd love to learn to draw the manga style, im currently looking around for books to show different techniques and styles used in thier field.

I see what you mean with the benefit of having two monitors to avoid zooming in and out as much as you can, it can be a pain. Thats why I have my machine equipped to handle two monitors :) but I need room for another doh!

Graphics tablets, now thats the next thing on my shopping list. Im gonna get a graphics tablet and wacom come out as the best, but what recommendation do you offer?

I like to have quite a bit of space when I work, when I draw I usually draw A4 sized or bigger usually around 30cm x 30cm. Have you over worked with large drawings on your tablet (ie tracing over them) or would it be just better to scan and stitch the two sides together?

How do things relate on screen when your drawing on a smaller pad? I think thats something that would bite me on the butt, drawing in something small but it looking or not working correctly on a larger scale on screen.

But I guess I'll never know till I get one! so as soon as me student funding comes through its off to get me a tablet.

Keep up the good work! I love the image, hopefully I'll be good enough sometime to show my work online here at gctalk, but for now I dont want to deface this site :P

Take care

-Martin

Gotham
07-22-2003, 12:11 PM
Ooo, nice manga/anime-stile... Very good pick :thumbsup:

hawk
07-22-2003, 12:51 PM
superb.. i wonder .. maybe a little silly for a question, but im curios. I saw alot of pros working table, they always have two monitors. Can anyone help to clear of this amature's curiosity?

Answer: it's easy to work when a program has way too many windows. for example, Painter. Painter is full of control panel windows. with dual monitors, you can move all the control panels to one monitor and work freely on the other.

nice set up you got there... got that same tablet. .. your style of drawing is nice.. i like your sense of colors. keep up the good work.. lets see her 3d ....

Answer: I actually want to see her in 3D, but i'm still learning.

Wow, very well done, I like your style, nice colour too, only one thing, have you tried this program? opencanvas take a look at the page

Answer: I never used it before, but a friend of mine showed me once. I don't think its for the Mac.

Do you ever sketch on photoshop directly with your tablet?

Answer: I always sketch on regular blank computer paper and scan it in at 300dpi. I use the tablet to color.

Do you think you'll do any work for posters or things of that sort?

Answer: posters i dunno. correct me if i'm wrong. wasn't there some talk about cgtalk setting up something where users can create posters through them? or i was completely dreaming. I'm planning to make print copies and sell this art at Otakon in August.

Very nice work! I'd love to learn to draw the manga style, im currently looking around for books to show different techniques and styles used in thier field.

Answer: Look up the title How to Draw Manga. I have the Bodies and Anatomy version and Compiling Characters

Graphics tablets, now thats the next thing on my shopping list. Im gonna get a graphics tablet and wacom come out as the best, but what recommendation do you offer?

Answer: Depending on your workspace. As you can see my work space is really crowded with the monitors and such. So having a small tablet helps a lot. Also, I take my laptop everywhere I go (except to the bathroom), with the tablet being small enough I can take that along with me as well.

Have you over worked with large drawings on your tablet (ie tracing over them) or would it be just better to scan and stitch the two sides together?

Answer: Yes I worked with a large tablet once, i forget the size but it was freakin huge. I didn't like it. I find it better to scan the sketch and use photoshop to clean the lines.

How do things relate on screen when your drawing on a smaller pad? I think thats something that would bite me on the butt, drawing in something small but it looking or not working correctly on a larger scale on screen.

Answer: It's something to get use too. The way I have it set up, if i tap the top left corner of the tablet with the pen, the mouse cursor will move to the top left corner.

JohnD
07-22-2003, 02:29 PM
I love it. Great image.

OBT
07-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Answer: It's something to get use too. The way I have it set up, if i tap the top left corner of the tablet with the pen, the mouse cursor will move to the top left corner. [/B]

but you can change that. some ppl just cant get used to tablets :shrug: , before you buy one check if you like looking at the screen while drawing somewhere on the desk.

(B-HOLM)
07-22-2003, 03:03 PM
hmmm I got two screens too, but I can't seem to get that window over on the other screen like you have :thumbsdow
you had to do something to get it over there, or can you just drag it:surprised

hawk
07-22-2003, 03:19 PM
hmmm I got two screens too, but I can't seem to get that window over on the other screen like you have
you had to do something to get it over there, or can you just drag it

Answer: What do you mean? The new window acts like a regular window. Click and drag is across the screen to the other monitor. Unless you don't have your monitors set up correctly.

(B-HOLM)
07-22-2003, 03:22 PM
well, the windows only stay in the grey area in my photoshop...
but to me it looks like you don't have that area :O

webfox
07-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Hawk, could you post a portion or part of your raw pencil scan, please? I'm wondering how detailed you get before moving on to the Mac.

(and the guy who can't figure out dual monitors with Photoshop needs to stretch his "gray area" over to the second monitor - Photoshop on a Macintosh doesn't have a predefined workspace like it does on a Windows machine)

hawk
07-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Ahhh!! That "grey area"..stupid Windows, why must they make it so diffcult. But yeah I'm running a Mac. So the windows for any appliction can move anywhere.

As for the sketch, will do.

(B-HOLM)
07-22-2003, 03:45 PM
ah ok, thought there maybe was a way to remove the grey area...but thanks for the answer Webfox :]

woadiestyol
07-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Beautiful character Hawk, I love her! (And I want a 1600x1200 version for my laptop's background hehehe).

Aelius
07-22-2003, 04:16 PM
Brilliant work:thumbsup:! I wish I could draw girls like that! :blush:

hawk
07-22-2003, 04:24 PM
here's a semi work in progress images.

unfinished sketch. I use photoshop's Level to clean up those messy lines.

http://www.lowdimension.net/hawk/alice_sketch.jpg

http://www.lowdimension.net/hawk/alice2.jpg

http://www.lowdimension.net/hawk/alice3.jpg

http://www.lowdimension.net/hawk/close.jpg

If you look close, you can see the brush strokes. (yes that's her ass) :P

singleguy
07-22-2003, 04:37 PM
thanks hawk
thanks boonstar
:beer:

starqueen
07-22-2003, 04:53 PM
only complaint would be the sparkles on her, the two are the same angle and opacity so I'm guessing they are the generic PS brushes... I'd love it if you made your own cuz they're bothering me, lol

its very awesome tho!!!! :applause:

good character! :D

gmoran
07-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Hey Hawk!!

I just checked out your website (http://www.hawkstudios.net/) and I was truly impressed!! Your work is great!!

Definately post more of your stuff!! I especially love your Mary Jane and Spiderman work!

Cheers! :beer:

SteveIacopetti
07-22-2003, 05:06 PM
Ya,thanks for the inspiration ,man.Was this just from your mind or did you have references?
Allso,thanks for telling about the book-How To Draw Manga-.I was thinking of buying it and believe I will(when I scrounge up the $$).

-Steve-

hawk
07-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Alice (the chick) is a character my friend made up for a webcomic we're working on. www.applegeeks.com (http://www.applegeeks.com)

akela
07-22-2003, 06:22 PM
hawk: really nice work!
I've been using Photoshop for a long time, but have little experience painting the way you are showing... any tips about your brushes config and painting techniques? do you use different blending modes for the brushes when coloring?
thnx ;)

ezekiel
07-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by (B-HOLM)
ah ok, thought there maybe was a way to remove the grey area...but thanks for the answer Webfox :]

try expanding the program window (grey area) first because you can't get rid of it.

instead of maximizing the window when you click the middle button in top corner keep it smaller and see if you can then stretch with bottom corner onto the new monitor.

also to check it you have set you monitors up correctly try moving a file on your desktop over there.

these are just ideas i don't have a dual set up in front of me so i can't really give you more than this.

hey hawk missed ya over the trip. i do have to confess that i return everyday to read the new post it note. there where some quality laughs there.

-zek

bigshape
07-22-2003, 07:54 PM
So beautiful and tender!! :)
I love the arm shape, the colours... Congratulations!!

Gkaine
07-22-2003, 08:31 PM
hawk......
please please please please please please make a video tutorial of your pS work plz

LuckyZenBoy
07-22-2003, 08:58 PM
Hawk, excellent work, as always. I'm a regular Applegeeks reader, and I love yours and Ananth's stuff. Keep it up.

I'm a writer and I'm trying to fake being an artist, so I want to get quality stuff for my computer. I'm looking into buying a wacom pad, but I'm iffy about it.

dragonz
07-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Excellent work! love thestyle, and colors most of all. You have always produced quite thenice work.

hoshi
07-23-2003, 01:19 AM
macs kick ass

just had to shout out http://www.cgtalk.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&threadid=76881&#

hawk
07-23-2003, 01:23 AM
hawk: really nice work!
I've been using Photoshop for a long time, but have little experience painting the way you are showing... any tips about your brushes config and painting techniques? do you use different blending modes for the brushes when coloring?

I'm using Photoshop default brushes. The brushes I use are the hard edge brushes from size 3 to 19. Also, I set the brush opacity to 50%. With the first stroke, the mark is light and i can build from that with multiple brush strokes.

hawk......
please please please please please please make a video tutorial of your pS work plz

If I ever get a G5 machine, I'll do it.

I'm a writer and I'm trying to fake being an artist, so I want to get quality stuff for my computer. I'm looking into buying a wacom pad, but I'm iffy about it.

I think wacom tablets are the best ones out there, but thats my opinon.

Sky_DaBomB
07-23-2003, 01:30 AM
I'm just wondering if you have any technique in scanning your sketch.
Also what scanner are u using? I'm thinking of getting one to scan my sketch.... Do you recommend me any scanner out there?
Do you think 1200 x 2400 dpi is enough for this kind of graphic or I need something bigger?

Randuin
07-23-2003, 01:56 AM
you need to like... post video tutorials or something... lol

RudeYuut
07-23-2003, 05:40 AM
Awesome picture man. I love your technique, do you recommend any books or tutorials. I'm a newbie myself and I have just about every "How to Draw Manga" book out there. I just need to learn how to paint:thumbsup: !

hawk
07-24-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm just wondering if you have any technique in scanning your sketch.
Also what scanner are u using? I'm thinking of getting one to scan my sketch.... Do you recommend me any scanner out there?
Do you think 1200 x 2400 dpi is enough for this kind of graphic or I need something bigger?
Thanks

Answer: I don't anything about scanners to tell the truth. I bought a scanner from a friend for 25 bucks. I believe its a MicroTek scanner. Its pretty old but it gets the work done. When I scan, I always scan 300dpi.

you need to like... post video tutorials or something... lol

video tutorials sounds cool, but i need a faster machine.

Awesome picture man. I love your technique, do you recommend any books or tutorials. I'm a newbie myself and I have just about every "How to Draw Manga" book out there. I just need to learn how to paint

i just found this site, http://www.teamgt.com/francis/art/aliensteps/how02.htm

trey
07-25-2003, 01:18 AM
Very Very nicely done, I think it's a work of art.... and again:

Bitmap
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dammit the purdy ones are always art lol... Look but no touch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my thoughts exactly!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Trey.

yinako
07-25-2003, 02:09 AM
on your lines and design:

* I don't like the mouth region, detail ratio low comapre to rest
* I don't like her bottom half propotional desdortion
* I don't like her neck region, less volume and flat

yes you nailed:
* colors

good work on:

* right arm, lines.
* tatto, I like the size, projected accuracy. (displacement maps)?

Randuin
07-25-2003, 02:52 AM
Is your tablet a graphire2 or an intuos2?

hawk
07-25-2003, 03:20 AM
Is your tablet a graphire2 or an intuos2?

Graphire2

Randuin
07-25-2003, 06:15 AM
Hey cool that's the one i have! any tips? :D

MadnessX
07-25-2003, 10:33 AM
Hey hawk my man,

Just wanna say that i love your work.
Keep up the good work ;)

GreetZ

Maddy

lildragon
07-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Baby got back, front, side and color! Love your work man, and I see you noticed she was in the gallery ;) Great color and wicked pose, very cute character. Thx for the quick step-by-step also.

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Inspiring work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_july03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

ADiSH
07-26-2003, 02:02 PM
amazing work:thumbsup:

hawk
07-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Ok, I took some time and created a "The Making of Alice" tutorial.

you can check it out at...

http://www.hawkstudios.net/tutorials/making_of_alice/

I hope this helps, I made this pretty quick so I know you will have questions later on.

unicron
07-26-2003, 10:35 PM
thanks hawk!

I've never really had much success with digital painting, and everyone I know doesn't really have much luck either, so I've only really learned a few tricks. Now that I've read your tutorial, I'm going to try it for myself and see how well it works for me.:D

rattlesnake
07-26-2003, 10:41 PM
thanx for sharing with us that exelent tutorial, i really apreciate it!:thumbsup:

Intonater
07-29-2003, 07:03 AM
Good picture!!!

mehdianim
07-29-2003, 12:29 PM
she is hot I like the style very much!:wip: :wip:

gmoran
07-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Hey Hawk!

Thanks for the tutorial link! Its one of the best 2D tutorials around that I've seen! Its great! Love the style and I'm planning on going through it myself shortly!

Keep up the awsome work! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Ok, I took some time and created a "The Making of Alice" tutorial.

you can check it out at...

http://www.hawkstudios.net/tutorials/making_of_alice/

I hope this helps, I made this pretty quick so I know you will have questions later on.

hawk
07-29-2003, 06:48 PM
I'm heading to kinkos after work and get them to print 50 copies of Alice. Maybe a poster size too.

Randuin
08-01-2003, 07:52 PM
awesome tutorial! when the poster becomes available... notify me :)

hawk
08-02-2003, 05:17 AM
wheeee prints!!!!!

http://www.lowdimension.net/hawk/IMG_1350.jpg

Randuin
08-02-2003, 05:50 AM
Where's our order form man? :D

sixthe45
08-02-2003, 01:03 PM
She is supercool.:love:
Give me her number.:drool:

lildragon
08-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Just wanted to let you know Hawk, that your tut is now live on cgnetworks. Good one

-lild

cupcake
08-02-2003, 06:23 PM
Nice art work.:applause:

Check out my thread.:)

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77444

Randuin
08-02-2003, 08:51 PM
i love anime.. any tip on scanning correctly? i have trouble keeping my lines clean... heh

MaDSheeP
08-07-2003, 08:47 AM
sounds like he scans at 300dpi to keep the lines clean when downsized... :shrug:

i love the style!!! :buttrock:

MaDSheeP
08-07-2003, 08:48 AM
Let me know where to send my credit card information for a poster of this ;)

Unless it will be in Expose 2... in which case... i can't wait...

i can't tell you how much i love your style with this character...

i love the colors and the style... fantastic.. just incredible..

:thumbsup:

Randuin
08-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Credit card info huh >.> PM me them! Lol j/k anyways... yes a poster would be nice but taken that you just color the stuff with brushes it doesn't matter if your lines are completely clean... i need em clean for color fills that's why :D

Keem
07-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Great Job Man , , it just needed a frosty Bluish background to match the Mode of the Character thats all

GARA
07-16-2004, 10:18 PM
thnxz for the weblink gmoran

hm? sweet piece

chima
07-31-2004, 03:42 PM
very nice !!!
lol I like the desk picture :)

Xorcen
08-01-2004, 08:16 AM
Your colors are awesome, do you do comics full time? This reminds me of a nice comic cover.

hawk
08-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Your colors are awesome, do you do comics full time? This reminds me of a nice comic cover.

www.applegeeks.com

Son_of_Skeletor
08-29-2004, 06:46 AM
Now this is a picture worthy of a frame! :D

Zero CooL
08-29-2004, 09:17 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/7585/Alice_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/7585/Alice.jpg)

Sketch -> Scanned -> Photoshop

I'm very happy with the end result, mostly with the colors. Any comments?
This is very strange, i wanted to ask where i could see the picture? And with this reply I see it? In the quote block i mean?

But anyway, I like it :) Now i see it... <gri>

Could this image be blocked using Zonealarm?

Cu, Zero CooL

sam4grafix
11-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Hmmm--- Grat work buddy:)

Houghton
01-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Amazing coloring and awesome depth. The fealing of life and the 'capture of a moment' kind of look really shows talent.:thumbsup:

Luecus
01-20-2005, 02:00 PM
Amazing!!! thats all i can say

Ayen
01-23-2005, 09:08 PM
really nice work, with a lot of japanese style in your drawing - it would be cool to see the whole body or character in environment, maybe then the overall looks more special. nice work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.