PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 2 :See Doc Ock!

RobertoOrtiz
07-21-2003, 03:30 AM
Follow this link:
He looks really cool.
http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=15699

-R

The Cross
07-21-2003, 03:58 AM
Looks like an evil John Lennon.

Super cool !!

iBlue
07-21-2003, 06:01 AM
damn.. Dr. octopus looks BAD ASS! :)

But july 2004?

NO, I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!

:D

Shade01
07-21-2003, 10:01 AM
Actually looks better than the comic book for a change.

SheepFactory
07-21-2003, 10:05 AM
:drool:

I so want to see this movie!

FabioMSilva
07-21-2003, 10:12 AM
holy crap! it looks awesome!

MaTaDoR
07-21-2003, 02:19 PM
I just told someone to come to my room (where my computer is) to see doc ock and got the weirdest look....

then I thought about it and laughed :surprised

you think about it.. lol

GRMac13
07-21-2003, 04:23 PM
Very impressive. It's actually much better than I expected. I especially like the red lights on the ends of the tenticles, as well as the design of the tenticles in general.

The only thing I don't like about the poster is the pose. It sort of gives the impression that the good Doctor is the hero (which he obviously isn't). It just dosen't say "evil" to me, although the nasty sneer on his face, and the tentacles sort of make up for it. Still, it would have been nicer to see the classic pose of Otto suspended by two of the tents, with the other two reaching into the foreground.

Bah, it'll do for now. :p

edit: Geez, I can't wait to see those things in action! Smashing into buildings, and climbing about NYC's skyline. I hope they make good use of them by flinging some taxis around as well. Lord knows there have been times when I wished I could have done that whilst sitting in traffic.

Gilgamesh
07-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Looks like the took a cue from the Matrix Sentinals. Very cool, though.

rock
07-21-2003, 05:51 PM
The first Spiderman was pretty bad - so was The Hulk. I think Hollywood will keep making these kinds of movies if it keeps making money. No care for plot at all. They think just throw in some huge CG and special effects and they got us.

cgwolf
07-21-2003, 06:14 PM
I think Spidermans plot came pretty close to the original comic so, unless the writers took addition creative freedoms and changed the story, You cant really expect much more plot that whats there.

Plus the film made $403,706,375....and studios tend to view that as an incredible movie.

And that doc Ock looks much better than the comic version. I though the Green Goblins design could have been better.

lildragon
07-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by rock
The first Spiderman was pretty bad -

On the contrary many women loved the movie due to the story, Characters were well developed (even if you've been living under a rock your entire life you now know who Spidey is)

It's very rare when a movie appeals to both young and old while keeping the interest of women and enticing men with the glitz. It worked rather well, but of course that's just my opinion, why would they not do it again? They have every motive too.

And as cgwolf said, I don't think they want to get the Spidey cult fans in a hissy by changing the original story too much ;)

my 2 pence

The Doc rocks btw!

-lild

rock
07-21-2003, 08:31 PM
LilDragon,

I just don't see what you see - I barely couldn't finished the movie. No tension, no pull, no sense of danger for an action flick of that kind. It's extremely predictable even for a comic adaptation.

Most of my memory of the film is he's bouncing around the buildings with the internet web of his.

Greenlief
07-21-2003, 08:49 PM
WICKED!

I knew Sam wouldn't let me down!

FClub_TDurden
07-21-2003, 08:50 PM
They actually showed some clips of Doc Oc at the ComicCon in San Diego......they had a in progress clip of him on a lab table about to get dissected when his arms tear the doctors up to shreds.....

Looked pretty good.....even as a work in progress from Sony..

They also had a funny tribute to Ramis Evil Dead with a chainsaw...

THey also talked about possiblities of working Venom in ...in the near future...

Joril
07-21-2003, 10:13 PM
I hated what they did with the Green Goblin suit in the first spiderman movie.
But looks like nerdy (although nerdy was the whole point) doc oc has just enterd the 21 century.
I like it!

RobertoOrtiz
07-21-2003, 10:20 PM
And the Hi-Res Doc Ock Teaser Poster...

>>Link<< (http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/news/fullnews.cgi?newsid1058797195,91537,)

Goon
07-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Nice:drool:

That rocks hardcore. And he has a mouth!! That was half of goblins problems, not having a moving mask, made him very inanimate for any diologue scene and rendered his dramatic acting laughable. This will kick so muck @$$

Ibox
07-21-2003, 11:33 PM
I think the Doc looks pretty cool, and yea, the goblin could have used some reworking, and, yea, not much of a storyline, I mean it's there and all I suppose, just the actors didn't really bring it all through as would say some more experienced actors would... might go part in play with lousy directing, I dunno... as for why the box office gate stands so high, well, it's a Marvel I tell yas... hahaha :applause: I would go see the next one and the one after as well, simply because it's all so slightly different than most modern day crap which has flooded us lately, in these newest comic stories, even though they have been set to present day the morals and whathave ya are still in yesterday values of sort... good by me :D and... comeon, it's CG :scream: :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.