PDA

View Full Version : newbie question pls

nirishere
05-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi guys,
I'd like to integrate vue with a small project of mine in 3ds max.
The project is some character animation. And the scale is very important.
The questions are:

1. How can I integrate Vue with my 3ds max scenes to be in the right proportions ?

I made a test, and rendered out a small animation in Vue, into a jpg sequence, also exported a 3ds out into max. Then I took the camera animation (embedded in the 3ds file) in max, and just planted an object in max.
I then placed the jpg sequence from Vue with the camera animation (done in max with that object placed in the middle of the scene), in after effects to see the effect. the two did not fit, and were not in synch. I guess it is something that has to do with the scaling... I need a solution to fit not only so that the two are in synch, but so that the vegetations instances would be right in proportions with my characters...

2. I need to build a road on the ground, and it has to run through the mountains. How can this be done ?
And once done, how do I make the animations fit on that road ? Taking into consideration that I render animations in 3ds max and the background in Vue ? Where can you set up the overall scene setup for making the two fit ?

I was thinking about Creating an HDR image (a single image should be enough, right?) from every scene, lighting up the scene in 3ds max, so this way the two footages will merge more nicely together.

Thanks in advance !
N

fuzzylizard
06-05-2009, 04:24 AM
First, check out Geek at Play (http://www.geekatplay.com/tutorials.php) They have several tutorials on adding a road and other such elements to a terrain. As for integrating Vue and Max, your best bet is to get XStream and work with Vue right inside of Max. Otherwise, you will probably need to export your objects from Max and animate them inside of Vue or composite everything together in Shake, Nuke, etc.

nirishere
06-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I tried. It's way too buggy, things don't seem to integrate well, and the worst is the scaling of objects. I watched some tutorials regarding Vue 6 and although cumbersome, seems to integrate better, or maybe I missed something about the XStream version...

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2009, 12:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.