PDA

View Full Version : Object as Light with Importon/IP workflow

GTee3D
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi all, I'm hoping I have overlooked an easy solution but so far I'm stumped. Heres the problem I have found with Importons and Irradiance Particle:

I want to use an object as a simulated light source, in a Final Gather setup I would use the mia_light_surface node plugged into the materials additonal_color slot.

Using Importons & IP, this setup no longer works, and its an affect I use alot for cheap effiecient light washes in a render or to simulate a funcky bent LED light strip.

The only thing I get close to it is to Light Link the Object I want to use as the light, then boost its shader diffuse level, with this I get some illumination(colour bleed) but its very uneven and unlike the FG mia_light_surface solution.

I'm very impressed with the new Imp/IP setup but this something I miss, so has anyone got a workaround/solution.

any help would be much appreciated.

Gt

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.