PDA

View Full Version : Bear render needed (1 frame)

foto-z
05-25-2009, 10:33 AM
I'd love to work with an accomplished 3D artist on a folio project or two, hoping of course this will lead to more commercial work for us both. I am a full-time photographer and retoucher working mainly on advertising campaigns, and it would be great to boost my folio (and hopefully yours too) with some new creations. I used to be semi-proficient in Maya years ago but have forgotten most of it now and would rather leave it to the experts.

Happy to discuss ideas/suggestions with anyone. I should probably point out that these projects will require high-resolution, very photo-realistic results to be mixed seamlessly with real photography.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Graham
(graham (a) foto-z.com)

softdistortion
05-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Love the work on your site!
I'd be interested in working with you on something scifi themed...I have a ton going on most times though so you'd have to be patient with slower progress...ie months instead of days.

foto-z
05-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Love the work on your site!
I'd be interested in working with you on something scifi themed...I have a ton going on most times though so you'd have to be patient with slower progress...ie months instead of days.

Ok thanks, I'll start my mind ticking...

p.s. How about weeks instead of days or months? :D

softdistortion
05-25-2009, 06:23 PM
The issue is to do the high level CG is not a quick project even if you are not already busy.

Having said that, my motivation is largely dependent on the idea, and also the energy coming from any creative partners I'm working with...maybe something will gel in those areas.

I'm thinking of ideas too. :thumbsup:

softdistortion
05-28-2009, 01:21 PM
You probably know these guys http://www.blutsbrueder-design.com/ ... some nice work in the realm I think we could do, perhaps the CG end could be better on some shots imo...ie the textures look a bit fake in the car in tunnel set. :)

foto-z
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Hello everyone, I am working on a photo composition which requires a sitting bear, and that is too difficult to shoot so I wonder if someone who has a photo realistic model of a bear might like to join me on this project? You would of course be welcome to add the final image to your own folio. I will be using it as a folio piece so no-one involved in the project will be paid (model, assistants, stylist, me).

I will be spending at least 30 hours planning, shooting and retouching this, so I'm hoping for a great result.

This project is probably better suited to someone who already has a realistic bear model (with fur) so all that would be required is one pose and a render with the right lighting and camera angle (I can send visuals).

You can PM me here or email me at graham (a) foto-z.com

Thanks!

foto-z
05-28-2009, 03:44 PM
You probably know these guys http://www.blutsbrueder-design.com/ ... some nice work in the realm I think we could do, perhaps the CG end could be better on some shots imo...ie the textures look a bit fake in the car in tunnel set. :)

Yes! Some of those images are very close to what I was imagining. The complexity varies enormously there but even some of the simplest ones are very effective.

Btw, I hadn't seen that before so thanks for the link.

lacluna
05-29-2009, 05:33 PM
I would recommend getting a photo from istockphoto.com (if you don't find anybody here)

foto-z
05-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I would recommend getting a photo from istockphoto.com (if you don't find anybody here)

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that but the sitting pose and the right lighting were too hard to find (after a few hours). If someone happens to have this bear already and knows Maya, I'm estimating it would be 1-2 hours job maximum (I used Maya years ago so i know roughly what's involved but I've forgotten most of it). Rendering time would be on top of that but I could arrange that separately if necessary.

softdistortion
05-30-2009, 04:07 AM
I'd be surprised if someone had a model with fur setup to the leve of realism you are hoping for. That kind of model is not just sitting around...it likely would have been commissioned for a commercial job and cost a fair bit of $$ and not allowed to be reused.

imoho you would have a better results looking for people that have animals like this and would allow you to photograph them or for another photog that knows people like that...CG is good for a lot of cool fx but sometimes the real thing is easier.. plus you could control the lighting etc better for you comp. :shrug:

foto-z
05-30-2009, 01:31 PM
All I can say is that I spent a day researching this. The nearest tame bear is in Russia, and that would involve visas, a translator, flights, accommodation, etc. Totally unrealistic for a personal folio piece!

There are 2 quite realistic bear models on the market. Was hoping someone would have one of those and would be interested in helping out. Fingers crossed :)

softdistortion
06-02-2009, 03:04 PM
That's a bind...unless you collab with another photog I guess??... Do hope you find what you need to see your idea complete. :thumbsup:

foto-z
06-02-2009, 03:15 PM
That's a bind...unless you collab with another photog I guess??... Do hope you find what you need to see your idea complete. :thumbsup:

Thanks, if no-one comes forward I could always wait until I have the funds to buy one of the 2 fairly realistic models I've seen offered online and spend a few days trying to pose it myself.

foto-z
07-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Hello, I have an idea for a folio piece which I would like to work on together with a 3D artist. The idea requires a brown bear sitting up playing chess. It will then be combined with a photographic scene with a model. The bear should be photo realistic, but I could fix any small issues in post. Does anyone have a brown bear model already built? Anyone interested in working on this image with me?

Kirt
07-08-2009, 09:51 PM
One thread here is enough. I've merged your threads on two seperate occassions now. Please don't start a new thread again for the same project.

Thank you.

foto-z
07-08-2009, 10:04 PM
One thread here is enough. I've merged your threads on two seperate occassions now. Please don't start a new thread again for the same project.

Thank you.

Sorry but I couldn't find my old thread. I assumed that threads in this forum were deleted after a certain period of time.

Kirt
07-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Click on your user name to navigate to your user profile page. From there, you can locate any thread that you started. And no, threads are not removed from the forum. You can still find the first post on this forum from 2001 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=2&t=2).

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2009, 01:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.