PDA

View Full Version : hey! look! it's Pixar!

ramis
05-09-2002, 10:37 AM
Hi guys!
I've just finished another practice for the course on max I'm doing, this time I had to do something like the Pixar logo using the principles of animation just learned, so here is the result. You can download the video from this address:

http://personales.ya.com/lopezdau/video/lopez.avi (2,4 MB)
Encoded with Divx 5

You could have problems with Getright or Download Accelerator, use "right button+Save target as" to download the file.

Please please give me your comments! :buttrock:

Best regards

Almaraz
05-09-2002, 07:46 PM
cool men :buttrock: , te ha quedado rechulo, dime para la iluminacion usaste algun plugin o con el default del max?

bueno saludos y sigue asi...

ramis
05-09-2002, 09:08 PM
Para la iluminación usé una cupula de omnis, creada con LightMesh, y un par de luces más (una direccional para los brillos y una omni mas para el brillo que aparece cuando empieza a rebotar encima de la O).

Now for the non-spanish people :D
Illumination was created using a dome of omni lights, created using lightmesh, and a couple more of lights (directional for the specularity and another omni for the brights that appears when he starts bouncing over the O).

thanx!!!
SaludoS!

Almaraz
05-09-2002, 09:48 PM
mmmm pense que tu habias puesto luz por luz, pero te ha quedado muy bien, porque no intentas iluminarlo con el Final Render o el Brazil?, asi la iluminacion se aproximara mucho mejor a la de pixar, bueno solo es un comentario..... (talvez puedas traducir lo que dije, porque no me sale, jejeje) saludos...

Bster
05-10-2002, 03:50 AM
ummmm ok?

trask
05-10-2002, 08:53 PM
yea, really..

dutch
05-12-2002, 05:29 AM
why would you do that?

ramis
05-12-2002, 12:05 PM
Well, as I explained in the first post, I'm doing a course on 3dsmax, and the last week we studied (it's said that way?) the principles of animation, you know, squash and stretch, overlapping action and so on. Looking at the Pixar logo teacher explained us here are represented all that principles on this little animation, and send us an exercise about "making our own pixar logo" :P

So if you say 'it's ok' I can be proud of it, because there isn't anything bad, isn't it? c'mon guys, kill me with your comments!

hypercube
05-13-2002, 08:46 AM
Well, it's kind of a strange assignment, but it is a reasonable test of inanimate animation. You did a decent job matching it, maybe a little snappier on the hop, a few other things, but there should be SOME room for interpretation..except for the lack of a cord..heh. The mouth-sounds are fairly funny. ala Plymptoons. I guess to sum up, "it's ok" :)

However, the best homage/parody of it ever will probably always be WIXAR. :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.