PDA

View Full Version : Escape studios Games course

Ognyan
05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone has completed Escape's Games course (http://www.escapestudios.com/en_GB/training/courses-main/games.html) and is it worth the money and time? I have great respect for the studio itself but I'd like to know more details about the course itself. Thank you!

dabookerman
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I will be doing it hopefully this september. The actual Games course. I got my spot reserved for now, just need to make sure I get my loan sorted. But I am really really looking forward to it. I'm trying to find out about any scholarship opportunities right now.

Ognyan
06-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi Adam. Good luck with the scholarship. I am sure it will be great and a god start for a career. Good luck!

gabbs
06-05-2009, 11:35 PM
There is a thead on GameArtist about the couse:

http://game-artist.net/forums/general-discussion/9504-question-about-escape-studios.html

A great quote in it:

"If Escape took kidneys for payment then I would be there in a heartbeat with a shiney new scar. :)"

Ognyan
06-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the link gabbs (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=320575)! Very helpful indeed :)

gabbs
06-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm not an games artist but game-artist.net does seem to have quite a good following so at least you can ask around... but that quote just cracks me up :D

theunholy
06-30-2009, 10:57 AM
hi,

Im a fresh graduate and hoping to do anythign 3d related! Im finding it xtremely hard to find jobs but find that 90% of them REQUIRE you to have at least 1-2 years industry experience. I have no experience yet and I believe Escape Studios is the way forward!

I was just wonderingif you get some kind of certificate or award at the end of the course rather than just saying to an employer that I did the Escape course.

thanks

toby

Ognyan
06-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Hello Toby,
I am not sure if you get a certificate but I really don't think that it matters as this would be just some piece of paper and escape has a good enough reputation to help you get a job. I think that the course would not only give one a greater chance to get a job but also great experience both during the classes and in the POD (i am not sure if everyone gets a chance to work there). I have been researching Escape for more than two months and I have come to the conclusion that it's worth the time and money. If you don;t have any industry experience my advice is to concentrate on your porfolio and keep trying as not all the companies that say they require at least two years of experience will ignore a good porfolio regardless of the experience of it's owner. I have more than 3 years in the industry now and have seen many people getting into studios with such requirements without even a few months of experience because they present their work well enough. Good luck!

theunholy
06-30-2009, 03:26 PM
thanks for the reply Ognyan! Just you said, my BA in multimedia is just a piece of paper...the course was extrememly poor anyway and I got low marks even though I was the only good modeller there :( I got a 2:2 and should have got a 2:1 argh!

Anyway, yes, I usually am deterred by the fact that they say they need industry experience but thanks to your suggestion, I will apply for the companies anyway and see what happens. I have been working alot towards my portfolio by learning new things so I think Im well on the way.

thanks again :)

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2009, 03:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.