PDA

View Full Version : PFtrack problem

djhush
05-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I have a shot which the camera is stationary and I have some geometry I want to track (small buttons), but I'm not able to get any tracking at all, not even for a frame (both front and backwards).

Then I went on to matchimate it (hand tracked it with geometry), hoping that it would give me tracking data for each group (button).

I can see it in the perspective view and it looks fine there, but when I open the scene in maya, it's just en empty group and no animation (althou it has keys on every frame, but there just in origo the entire time).

Is there a way to force "solve it?".

It has a solution, but it seems not to be "solved".

//Anders

Obi
05-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Are you using geometri tracking? You should, I think, it's extremely fast and very precise. Since version 5 it has a bug or something, change the display mode to wireframe when you are arrangeing the geometry and solve. For me it helped.

honeybee123
07-15-2009, 05:01 AM
hey obi
can u plz tell me the steps of using geo tracking...
m using maya...
bt whn m making a obj in maya and exp. it in obj format to pftrack...its nt talking any features in pf..
i dnt undestand wat m missing...
it wuld be gr8 if u can tell me how exactly geo. tracking is done
:)

hencyp@gmail.com

khalid1357
08-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Hey DJhush. geo tracking is very simple.

go to file-import tracking geometry. this should take you to the primitives folder. you then open the shape that suits you scene e.g. a box for a building. you then just postion that box and track forrward or backward. you will have to keep tweeking the shape everytime is goes outta place.

djhush
08-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey guys.

Thanks for the replies, but my problem wasn't geo tracking (I've done it numerous times, and yeah, it kicks ass :-).

My problem was on the first hand that my geometry was too small to track, so I had to matchimate it by hand, and when I did that I didn't get a solve on the object. I couldn't find a solution for this at the time, so I finilized it in Maya Live instead (I copied the tracking information in the 2d-trackers and exported the animation to locators).

It was good enough for a 2d solve on each object and then I had to handanimate it with rotation/scale.

Cheers
//Anders

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2009, 01:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.