PDA

View Full Version : Custom Shape Becoming An Intermediate Objects

Korchkidu
05-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi everybody,

Here is my problem:

1) I tested the APIMesh example. I loaded the plug-in, created a shape, saved and reloaded the scene. Every thing is fine

2) Based on this, I created my own shape plug-in. I loaded it, created a shape which is visible, saved the file but when I reloaded it, the shape is not visible anymore. Looking in the .ma file, I noticed that maya sets the .io attribute to true. That means that Maya considers my shape to be an intermediate object when saving the file and then hide it when reloading the scene.

I am sure I missed something obvious but I don't see what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.
K.

scroll-lock
05-27-2009, 11:11 AM
MFnDagNode:: setIntermediateObject ( bool isIntermediate ) Sets whether this object is an intermediate in a geometry calculation.

When geometry calculations are performed using dependency nodes, it is sometimes necessary to use intermediate objects. These objects are not draw or rendered. For example, deformers use intermediate geometry during their calculations.

This method exists to provide a more convenient way of accessing the intermediateObject attribute of DAG nodes.

Korchkidu
05-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer. I already knew this and it is not my question actually. My problem is to understand why, at creation, my shape is visible and not an intermediate object and why, after saving and reloading it became an intermediate object and is not visible anymore.

K.

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2009, 03:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.