PDA

View Full Version : Low Poly Skeleton Character

Chris Ollis
05-09-2002, 10:32 AM
I posted this in the Game Art Forum, but nobody seems to go there :hmm: so I thought I'd try here.

1381 Polys, 4 hours build, 7 hours texturing (or something like that)

http://www.liquid2k.com/quentinf/3%20SkelLord.jpg

:surprised

diazgl
05-09-2002, 12:05 PM
very nice job. I'm guessing it's a game model, so my comments are really conserning that aspect. You could add more polygons, since newer game engines and machines can take it.

I reccomend refining tha arm, the hand, the feet, the cape, and the skull a bit. You can easily add more polygons to make it look better. All in all, very nice job.

Chris Ollis
05-09-2002, 12:11 PM
Cheers,

It's not intended as a "major" character, which is why the poly count is where it is. But he isn't the lowest of the low either!
I might make some skeleton hordes to keep him company around the 800 Poly mark!

(I'm going on the major character up to 5000 Poly, minor character 1000 Poly principle)

Raji
05-09-2002, 04:32 PM
i agree with diazgl on what he said. You could add some more detail here and there.

The only other thing I'd like to mention is something that is concerning later work when you pose your character and animate him. This guy has got a lot of armour and generally looks like he's a pretty heavy character. Since the skeleton leg seems to be part of the design, make sure to keep in mind that you're not going to be able to convincingly put as much weight on that side as you could on the other side. That leg has very little structure to hold it up, so don't put too much weight on it. This pose that you posted looks off balance because of that, but I didn't critisize it, since it was a modeling pose. Instead, i just wanted to let you know of future problems you could come across.

Good job though. :wip:

Raji

Chris Ollis
05-09-2002, 04:36 PM
His other leg is just as fragile (just covered in armour - same as the arm)

There's no way he could physically stand and carry the weight - let alone walk with a slight limp! something to do with a lack of musculature I believe.
Fortunately I only obey the laws of Ray Harryhausen. :D

Toeng.com
05-09-2002, 05:05 PM
I really like to add this character to my Diablo 2 game ... so I can smack him with my Barbarian :)
For a game quality, I think it's pretty nice. The texturing looks fine. The only part I'd fix is the cape, it looks like it made from stone :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.