PDA

View Full Version : The Lounge Area: Lets talk about the shraed experiences with the Challenge

RobertoOrtiz
05-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey guys
I would like to try something different now that we are mid challenge.
How about if we just chat abit abut the current FXWARS effort, Lighthouse & the Wave
and the future FXWARS mini challenges?

Let me get the ball rolling with the conversation with some questions:

Tell us a bit about you if you wish.
Did you guys liked the model?
Would you like for me to supply more assets for future efforts?
What has been the most challenging part of the challenge?
What has been the most fun?
What would like to to see in future fxwars?
Looking forward to your comments.
-Roberto

optimus008
05-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Well for me the biggest challenge is the timing of the splashes hitting the shore or objects.
The most fun part is creating and testing the splash and wave effects.
I would like some of the FXwars in the future to use video footage.

BlenderFan
05-26-2009, 11:09 PM
For me the biggest challenge has been getting the fluid-based splashes to match up with my modifier-based wave. Also challenging has been the fact that I can't really find tutorials or making-ofs about anyone doing this in Blender, so I'm kind of on my own. I have enjoyed learning to use Blender's Video Sequence Editor.

I think it's a wonderful model, Roberto, and I am all for assets being provided in the future, as it has allowed me to concentrate on the effects.

I would like to see some post-apocalyptic stuff, as I love the amount of imagination it allows. If this has been done before, I'm sorry, but this is my first challenge.

Cheers and God bless. Good luck to everyone.

Tris3d
05-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey there.

I've found this challenge really hard. I entered it because its something I have no idea how to do but like mentioned above, I have yet to find any tutorials on creating this type of effect. I've played around with different methods but with no positive progress. I think the biggest mistake I have made is not posting up my work in progress stages as this would be perfect to get feedback and maybe some advice on how to approach this effect. I guess there's always a level of embarrassment when you see some of the other works that are being created.

As for the model provided, I think its top notch. Generally, although I hate modeling, I tend to try and create my own as there's always an extra level of satisfaction when you know you created every element. With an effect as complicated as this its nice to have that option. So cheers for that.

More than likely I wont get to finish this piece, however the next challenge sounds fantastic and I cant wait to attempt another unknown area!

Tris

xxbinxx
05-29-2009, 05:00 AM
yeah optimus008 is right I think Footage is apart of VFX :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2009, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.