PDA

View Full Version : MentalRay Layered textures

animalchin
05-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi all, I'm having a problem rendering something very basic in Maya with Mental Ray. Ive got a shader with a layered texture on the colour channel. Ive got 2 texture layers and I'm trying to use a black and white texture to blend between them. Mental Ray isn't having any of it. Should this just work? If works fine if I render it using Maya software render. All ideas, suggestions and laughing at me welcome :p

animalchin
05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
No replies?! Im sure one of you mental ray ninjas must know. Or is the question so stupid youre just laughing at me? anyone? please? :)

copain
05-27-2009, 07:07 PM
hey animalchin

Mental ray does not read the layerd shader, you need this mix8

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/shaders/mix8-Layer-for-mentalray-3058.html

have fun
steve

animalchin
05-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks for that, I havent figured out how to use it yet though, but I'll work at it some more. Ive only just realised that I posted this in the wrong place, if I can figure out how to move it I will!

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2009, 01:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.