PDA

View Full Version : Transparancies - backfacing?

Halogen
05-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Hey - new user to Zbrush here.

I modelled a basic mesh in maya and exported it as a .obj from maya to import into Zbrush - the problem I have is some objects appear normal, and some objects have a transparent front and solid back. I've done a quick video screen capture to show the problem. The model was mainly made by modelling 1/2 and cloning it and mirroring it to the other side, so in my own logic the objects should be exactly the same...

Wondering how i fix this backface transparancy type problem if possible, otherwise i'll keep hacking away on the sides that do actually work and try and piece it all together properly in maya :S

http://www.jarradgittos.com/workFiles/zbrushProblem.avi - theres the Video.

Cheers all!!

- Jarrad

Animasta
05-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Have you tried flipping the normals in Maya before exporting?

Halogen
05-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Yeah I checked the normals was the first thing I did - they all seem to be facing outwards. I'll try flipping them anyway on the affected objects, but I don't see why just cloning these objects with a -ve reflection should flip the normals. Will give this a go and get back to you :thumbsup:

Halogen
05-27-2009, 01:09 AM
ok that seemed to fix it, should've tried the obvious first. Thanks a heap mate :buttrock::thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2009, 01:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.