PDA

View Full Version : Skeleton problems--take2

Michael32766
07-20-2003, 02:38 AM
Hi,
Ok I'm going to try this again.
Hopefully you should be able to go to a temp web page that shows The problem I'm having,

http://home.earthlink.net/~michael_ash/html/temp_page.html

The first image is the 3DDave Non adjusted skeleton, The second adjusted to the mesh. The third page is how it looks in Motion Builder.

The arms are bent up to much. I've tried to adjust the reach but nothing seems to help. The figure is bent over a little to much also.
Could it be relate to bone placement in the mesh itself?

Thanks,
Mike

Cman
07-20-2003, 04:31 AM
Well, the 2nd bone down from the top is the neck. It should probably be based at just above the collar bone, not midway down the sternum. That's probably one problem.
Then, the spine bones look to be too compressed toward the hips - they should likely be equally spaced along the spinal area - from the neck to the hips.

Hope these ideas help.

Michael32766
07-20-2003, 08:10 AM
Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. While it wasn't the answer it did lead me down the right path.

I didn't think about it at the time but original mesh had a slight bend in the arms and legs. It's only visible form the top and side views.

I went back and straightened the arms and legs out.
When I applied the mocap this time the arms were still bent a little but I was able to adjust the hand reach enough to fix it.

So the important lesson here is make sure your mesh has good posture and the arms, leg and back are straight.

mike

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.