PDA

View Full Version : Texturing and lighting for Animation Mentor short film - anyone?

Limmy
05-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Hi everyone

Iím finishing up my Animation Mentor short film. Iíve done about 85% of the animation and Iíve got basic models for the props and set.

Iím looking for somebody to help me do texturing and lighting. If youíre interested please let me know. Iím really only interested in the animation so if you want to take care of texturing and lighting youíll obviously receive full credits for that on the film.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers!

Limmy

lexandreeff
05-25-2009, 04:30 AM
Hello

It is really interesting to learn a bit more about your short.

i think, i can help you, i'll show you the examples of my works in a day or two. I use houdini as a pipline software, and depending on the project, both renderman and mental ray for shading/rendering.

softdistortion
05-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Animation Mentor is a great school from what I've seen...but that's not enough to get responders imo...

You need to post with details a website/portfolio etc to have a hope of generating good responses from skilled people. ...the thought process for most would be..."If you don't put in even that much effort, why should I give you my time and energy?"

Limmy
05-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the responses.

The short is about a guy trying to get to sleep but this bird is keeping him up.

Itís being done in Maya and is between 60 to 90 secs long.

There's 1 main character and a bird. There're minimal props and the set is pretty simple. Itís basically a house with furniture in the bedroom, and a tree outside.

I was concentrating on the animation only and kinda left everything else to later, altho I do have ideas on how the finished thing would look.

You can see parts of the short sprinkled around in my demo reel (just click on View CGPortfolio under my name in the left hand column) - all the shots with the green character :)

If youíre interested you can send me a message and I can provide you with more details etc and show you whatís been done so far.

Thanks again for reading!

Cheers,

Adrian

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2009, 01:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.