PDA

View Full Version : To join or not to join

Blurisere
05-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Well as u can guess from the title, the question is whetha or not i should join this object. im currently modelling zubizuri bridge (http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=zubizuri%20bridge&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi) as a personal challenge and its taken a very long time to do, and after numerous mistakes mainly caused by the planning not being perfect i am finally doing underneath the bridge.

The actual bridge seems to have the 2 parts welded together but i dont know if i should join the 2 objects into 1 as thatll increase the amount of edges in that section and result in unwanted creases, so can you advise me on what to do...whether it would be wise to leave it as it is or join them. btw if u tell me to join them, then please have a solution to getting rid of the creases i would likely get around the area.

Thanks for your time.

razeverius
07-22-2009, 01:41 PM
well personally i wouldn't join them anymore :)

PavelPetrenko
07-22-2009, 03:14 PM
As for me, not join.

Blurisere
07-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks for your replies, but sadly the file got corrupted, but i will be attempting to meodel it again soon, but thanks for your opinions on the matter.

CGTalk Moderation
07-23-2009, 01:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.