PDA

View Full Version : Shot from an upcoming short film...

oddel
05-24-2009, 05:49 AM
Click HERE! (http://delanimo.fileave.com/0522_MonsterRobotCrash_Final.mov)

Hello all! This is a shot I've animated for an upcoming short film. What you see here is this huge Godzilla-looking shark flicking away a robot (that red and blue stand-in object being flicked...yeah, I built that;) ), then exiting left. The buildings are simply stand-ins themselves I've made for clarity on the size and proportions of the shark. Hope you enjoy, and any feedback is more than welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to watch!

scrawld
05-25-2009, 12:08 PM
The animation looks really fluid. Personally, I can't pick any great faults. You've done a great job of giving him weight and I love the jiggling flab.

The robot seems to exit at the same speed he came in, when it feels like it should be moving faster away.

When he steps back, I cant really tell what hes thinking. The way he lets his arms go and opens his mouth suggests to me hes not happy with how his shot went, or he was just trying to gauge how well he did. If it is disappointment hes expressing a slight subtle shake of the head could clarify that. If its the opposite, you could have him nodding to himself in satifaction.

After that, it looks like he spots something to the right and decides to go after it, and he seems to speed up at the end. I really like how his head turns, then tilts slightly. Thats really well observed.

I hope that helps, I look forward to seeing the whole thing :).

oddel
05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
The animation looks really fluid. Personally, I can't pick any great faults. You've done a great job of giving him weight and I love the jiggling flab.

The robot seems to exit at the same speed he came in, when it feels like it should be moving faster away.

When he steps back, I cant really tell what hes thinking. The way he lets his arms go and opens his mouth suggests to me hes not happy with how his shot went, or he was just trying to gauge how well he did. If it is disappointment hes expressing a slight subtle shake of the head could clarify that. If its the opposite, you could have him nodding to himself in satifaction.

After that, it looks like he spots something to the right and decides to go after it, and he seems to speed up at the end. I really like how his head turns, then tilts slightly. Thats really well observed.

I hope that helps, I look forward to seeing the whole thing :).

Thanks a lot, scrawld! I'll work on my clarity. As for the robot, it is just a stand in, so I didn't put much effort into it at all.

I appreciate you taking the time out to help! Take care!

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.