PDA

View Full Version : dapoon 3D character animation demo reel 2009

dapOOn
05-23-2009, 03:02 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv285/dapsdakool/forphotobucketcopy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47RBV-AqlSQ

hey guys here's my animation demo reel that consists of my student work done in takshaa bangalore. while i STILL have to polish all my work, i sure had a BLAST working on every piece!! do leave your comments and critiques!

thanks!

BColbourn
05-23-2009, 04:10 PM
really nice work, especially the acting portion. the only thing that struck me as odd was some of the footsteps, maybe they come up a bit too high off the ground.

mediaramas
05-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey, you have great poses and timming in your animations, also have a good range of snappy animations and subtle animation

my only critic is for fluidity, maybe it's youtube's crappy frame rate, and maybe you could speed it up a little bit

juhada
05-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey Dapoon!

I actually like it. Nice body mechs. and i like that you're critical of your own work, that will bring you even higher quality sooner than u think. overall I actually liked your stuff, I might trim the reel down to a minute and a half though, just to make it tighter. I get the buildup of your reeel, but maybe putting soem acting stuff in the beginning would be nice, you've got some nice acting clips there.

carry on bro!

ciao

dapOOn
05-25-2009, 05:15 AM
hey guys thanks a lot for appreciating my work! you guys are right, now that i watch the reel, i do have a lot of stuff to fix up and polish!

@ juhada, thanks for the feedback bro. i'll definitely try to tighten up my reel, i'll probably chop off some parts from the jump exercise. i'm even strongly thinking of putting my acting pieces in the beginning of the reel. actually, my mistake, when i was making this reel, i was thinking more in terms of a film maker, so i put my work according to the flow of the music, which is wrong! i'll change it now!

@ all, thanks again for ur feedback! it's really inspiring! :)

dapoon

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2009, 05:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.