PDA

View Full Version : Language at Qantm College in Germany/Austria

Mirkas
05-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Hi!

Does anyone know if the Qantm courses in Germany or Austria are also available in english or are they only in german language? Since they are owned by SAE, they should be also in english.On their site it says that both are needed (?).

I've read the other posts and sites but i can't get an answer. Still waiting for the schools reply tho...

If anyone know - i think mcscher said in a thread that he went to the Munich school, but he doesn't seem to reply, if anyone can reach him or whatever!

Tnx in advance!

Love CGSociety btw =)

ScratchARTS
05-25-2009, 01:05 AM
Hey there,

As far as i know for SAE-Vienna (including Quantm), the courses are most of the time held in german. But for 100% save informations just send the SAE-Institute of your choice an email or call them. I did too when i applied and they answered really quickly. I took the film course at the SAE vienna and will be finished with my BA-Degree in Fall this year. Quantm is in the same building and i have good contact with them.

Just write or call, its the best what you can do. Good Look! :)

Mirkas
05-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks man!

I will leave you a couple of questions later on....

Mirkas
05-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks man!

Still waiting for an answer from the school.

A couple of questions for you ScratchARTS , how do you like ti so far, 20 or 40 hours per week - only in the afternoon?

Well my german is probably not good enough to attend this classes.... im from Slovenia so it would be perfect because its so close from where i live.

Cya on the forums =)

ScratchARTS
05-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Well since i didn't take the Quantm Course i can't tell you much about "how it actually feels to be in it". I took "Digital Film and Animation" since Quantm didn't belong to the SAE when i started my studies...Sorry :(

What i can tell you is that Andreas Kräuter, course coordinator of Quantm in Vienna, is very talented and really pushing the quality of its programm. Nearly all Tutors are directly hired from local studios like Rabcat, Sproing or other well known companies within austria. He is allways trying to make good contacts and giving the students the opportunity to have the best possible teachers. I for myself followed a lot of their projects because i was personally interested and what turns out is most of the time really cool (allthough i have to admit that some of the students show a clear lack of motivation and engagement - what is a real pitty)

Equipment is also very cool. 13 Workstations with wacom Tablets and a lot of other cool stuff help you to get the best out of your time there.

Its a very project-based course, you will find a lot of autodidactic training there combined with theoretical courses to give you the basics in each topic. But they can only show you the "door"...you have to step through it by your self. That means hard work, investing your freetime, and pushing as much as you can. If you do so, it is a real good chance to get some cool basic knowledge to start your career.

Later on when you are finished with your Quantm-Diploma it's also possible to attend the Bachelor-Course (when there are enough students willing to start a course, filling a class to make it possible. Sometimes there are just too few for that.)

Hmm...i'd suggest that you give them some time to answer. I'm sure they will write back. Otherwise just invest a little international call and give them a ring. Our secretary speaks english very well, so it's no problem calling them.

On their homepage is also some extra information related to course lectures and other informative topics. Just give it a visit if you like. (i hope i'm not wrong on that, i didn't visit it for a long time *G*)

Hope i could help you with my five cent ;)

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2009, 10:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.