PDA

View Full Version : Q: Particles following a trail?

Ultimatum
05-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi,

I need to have particles to follow a trail like this :

http://www.spiral1.fi/Misc/emitter.jpg

Im doing smoke going through some pipes.
Could someone advice me how to do it? Thanks!

Oh, and Im using LW 8.2.

I found this from some old thread but I dont know how to add "Curve Constraint" plugin as adviced... :

>1. Create Spline in Modeler
>2. Save Spline
>3. Send Spline to Layout
>4. In the "Object Properties" for the Spline, under the "Geometry" Tab, add the Show Curve plugin.
>5. Create an Emitter
>6. Open the "Motion Properties" for the Emitter and add the "Curve Constraint" plugin.
>7. Open up the "Curve Constraint" plugin's interface and select your Spline as the Curve to be used/followed.

- u

monovich
05-22-2009, 09:20 PM
select the emitter, hit "m" and that will open up the motion panel for the emitter. you add motion modifiers there.

I haven't done the follow curve thing myself, but this could work...

Cageman
05-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Well...

Wind Path doesn't work that way. Instead of moving the Particle emitter in a path, move the Wind effector instead (of course, you should set your wind effector windmode to Path).

:)

Cageman
05-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Example scene attached. I did this in LW8.5. I suggest you upgrade to LW8.5 btw, since that should be a free update for you. :)

Ultimatum
05-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys!

I got the idea now. Got it working quite well, although some particles seem to stick to tight curves oddly...

- u

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2009, 10:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.