PDA

View Full Version : Character: "Awa" semi-realistic female nude

InKraBid
07-19-2003, 01:00 PM
(New post)

I am now doing two versions of the same basic model, one fantazystyle, like Frazetta\Azpiri and one Photoreal.

IF CRIT'ING, USE -F\A- IN THE HEADER FOR FRAZETTA\AZPIRI STYLE WORKS,
AND -PR- FOR PHOTOREAL WORK.

(HOPE YOU'LL SEE THE DIFFERENCE:D)

Frazetta link: http://www.wadhome.org/frazetta/
Azpiri link: http://membres.lycos.fr/therion9/comics/azpiri.htm

(original post)

Hello everyone, here's my latest model, after a year at Digital animation study in Norway. I used boxmodelling in MAX5.
If I've forgotten to mention anything, let me know.
http://www.portfolios.com/Pics/Danisud/Danisud_4_p.JPG

PANZER
07-19-2003, 06:34 PM
i think the pelvis area is too wide compared to the upper body.
you could enhance the shape of the ear a bit . and for the look of the face, im not sure what ur aiming for but seems to me that she is more of a evil character bcos of the shape of her chin and the eyes.
there's too much of wasted polys in ur model.i would dissolve most of them if i were you.

my 2 cents.

InKraBid
07-20-2003, 07:36 PM
Hi!
First off, I know the pelvis is a bit large, that's a little of the point in this model. (Fed up with skinny A-girls). The clue was to make a VERY feminine model, so I might have exaggerated a little. Not beyond what's believable thou, right? The textures are temporary, will fix these later on.

OttovonDrone
07-20-2003, 08:48 PM
From an anatomic point of view, the pelvis is a bit wrong. If you want the uppermost parts of the hips to be as broad as they are now, you must start the broadening with the pelvis itself, right from the end of the waist. The way it looks now is as if the pelvis is regular-sized while the hips are too big -- as a result, an unnatural look. The upper part of the pelvis (the symmetric protruded bones that start the formation of the "dish" of the pelvis) should be quite more articulated.

Hope this helps.

Best,
O_v_D

karabo
07-22-2003, 06:44 PM
WHOA!! those hips are ridiculously big, I don't know what kind of women you have been hanging out with but I have never seen a woman with a body like that. If you want hips that are that big, you will have to increase the bulk of the upper body as well.
Like Panzer already mentioned, you seem to have a lot of wasted polys that you could get rid of, I mean what is the deal with all those little polys at the top of her ass crack? I really don't see what you need those for.
There is something about the ear that bugs me but I'm not sure what it is. The face is rather ugly for a woman but I guess that's a matter of opinion. The lips are pretty bad and I would recommend you redo them looking at some references of female lips.
Other than all that stuff, it's a pretty decent model, keep us posted.

JahnkeKong
07-22-2003, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't completely agree with you about the size of the rest of the body needing to be scaled up in bulk... but I *do* think the hips are scaled up past the point of believability...

Also, honestly, you say you are trying for a different style model, but I cover up the bottom and it looks like your standard hot chick model, you just put a big butt on her.

Ah I know just the picture to cite as refrence....

http://www.rpggallery.com/products/posters/22_sun_goddess.jpg

If you are thinking big hipped woman, that's what I think of. Gotta love Frazetta :)

InKraBid
07-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Yeah man, that's more what I'm thinking of, except not that fat..
Agree completely on the excess polys, and yeah, the lips haven't really been worked much on.. She's supposed to be a bit fat around the hips, and only semi-realistic, but I might have overdone it too much. Thanks for all the critics :)

InKraBid
07-24-2003, 11:12 PM
http://www.portfolios.com/Pics/Danisud/Danisud_3_p.JPG
Here's what I started with.. Done a bit on the lips and breast, making her again after all the critiques. I think I'm going to make two versions of her, one a bit like Frazetta\Azpiri, and one photoreal from the same basic model, I think it'd be an interesting project..

InKraBid
07-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Here's the first of the remakes- Frazetta\Azpiri style. Any crits so far?
PS- Still WIP and in stack.

InKraBid
07-25-2003, 10:58 PM
And here's the photoreal.

davidSingha
07-26-2003, 04:48 PM
The photoreal wire frame image is a good improvement.

TheFrazetta\Azpiri style is a bit scary. I just hope I don't meet her in a dark alley.

Her face looks a little mannequiny to me maybe it's a style your're trying achieve.

cheers

Goon
07-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Your wireframe is really sloppy, around the hips especially. There isnt too much wrong with tris, but when it looks like a lowpoly model your doing something wrong. Clean that up and establish some clean flowing structure there.

InKraBid
07-30-2003, 02:39 PM
Hi all, here's the second installment in the F\A style work. Worked on the hips a bit, to achieve a more Azpiristyle slope. This is kind of the original with more normalized hips.

InKraBid
08-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Hi again..
Yes Mora, ppl, I finally saw why it looked so weird, my model's got her hips almost growing out of her chest:P I've lowered them now, will post a pic later. ..and I studied at the NOROFF institute in Bergen.

InKraBid
09-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Hi ppl!

I'm currently working on a lot of projects simultaneously, so I haven't done anything new in quite a while..

I'll get back to it when things have settled thou.

Grosserfrosch
09-02-2003, 07:29 PM
The thighs shrink too quickly towards the knees. Extend the large hips down the thighs a little more smoothly. It looks almost like someone took a knife and just cut some fat off. The curve should end just a few inches above the knee, not half a foot like you have. It looks like she's wearing those horse jockey pants.

ukyo
09-03-2003, 08:02 AM
whoah dude whoah, the hips are large and incharge.

im a huge frezzeta fan he is most defiantly the kinig of fantasy art but theres a reason his wemons hips are so large dude. he paint full figure valupous wemon and the hips he paint bulge for a reason. its called anatomy. i understand where ur trying to get but i have to call into question if u did any research into anatomy.
i think if u go look at an anatomy book hten refrence back to the paintings it will help you out a lot. you have to model the hip bones then the quads come out and off of this hip youll see when u check the anomotmy book. also your not making her sexy and valpouis your just making her fat and hippy theres nothing sexy about that. frazetta wemon are thick but damn id kill my roomate to get with some of the girls he paints. so the key things are anatomy and sexy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.