PDA

View Full Version : Coulrophobia - University 'Major Project'

scrawld
05-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Hey guys, I've just completed my final animation at university and wanted to share it with you and get some feedback. It's already been submitted for marking, but i've got just a few weeks until our degree show and want to work on it for then.

I was free to do anything I wanted, so I used this chance to learn all the stuff I did'nt get round to learning during the two previous years. The trade off is that there is a lack of reason. Its more style over substance than I would have liked. I still want to get rid of any glaring weaknesses it has before it gets shown.

Hope you enjoy, and look forward to hearing your C&C

ps if you don't like clowns or spiders, this might not be for you :)

http://www.vimeo.com/4650973

Thanks!

tyree
05-23-2009, 02:28 PM
nice short, the animation was good but I prefer animation with more punch, where the animation stands out the most. you leaned more towards realistic, which often translates into animation with a slow moving feel to it. the texturing really stood out as did the atmosphere. I like the dark feel and the main character. but the animation isnt what stood out the most about it

thatonejondude
05-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Bro! I'd have to agree with Tyree because I love dark stuff like that too!! The modeling is awesome and your animation has lots of potential!

First off... there is no easing in or outs in your animation. Spider's were keyframed nicely but they walk like robots... easing in/out gives it a more organic feeling...

Second... Perhaps you could plan out the timing... It feels like one continuous timing between everything that has been keyframed.

Have you read the Animator's Survival Kit? If not, definately pick up a copy! It explains pretty much everything there is to know about animation.

If you're not much of a reader, "digitaltutors.com" has some pretty awesome character animation dvd's that I would recommend...

Keep moving bro! :D

scrawld
05-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Tyree, Jon, thanks for the advice guys, I hear what you saying. Sounds like my biggest flaw was lack of planning. It was pretty much made on the fly.

Jon - I do have Animator's Survival Kit, I got it during the beginning of this project, although I have'nt had a chance to give it a good read through. I'll take a look at it and do a few practice animations. I remember reading about easing in/easing out and a hard time translating it into compter/3d animation terms. But I'll work on it.

Thanks again for the feedback guys, you've been a great help.

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2009, 08:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.